Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(Netflix) Better Than Us

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
A strange and very interesting Sci Fi show from Netflix. An entire Russian production dubed in English (1st Netflix Original made 100% in Russia). Odd is, they are using American Cars. The main character drives a FWD mid 80s Buick Park Avenue, a vehicle that is hard to find roadworthy in the USA. On episode 4, one drives a 90s Chevy Impala SS, another car not very common in the USA, also some characters drove a mid 90s Cadillac and Ford Explorer. Weird on the take of older US car models and no License Plates on any car.

Looks like the Russians can make some good TV.

%%%%%%%

Better than Us (Russian: Лучше, чем люди,romanized: Luchshe, chem lyudi, literally Better than Humans) is a Russian science fiction television series created by Andrey Junkovsky. It was produced byYellow, Black and White in cooperation with Sputnik Vostok Production[2] for the Russian state channelC1R.[3] Netflix purchased it under the English titleBetter than Us, and it is the first Russian series presented as a Netflix Original.[4] On August 16, 2019, the first season was available to stream on Netflix markets outside of Russia and China.

Better_than_Humans.jpg

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes, it’s a rather interesting and enjoyable on Hollywood series. It was made over two short seasons of 8 episodes each but shown on Netflix as one season of 16 episodes.

It was a shocking end to the season and i was left wanting and waiting for the new instalments, either season 2 or 3 depending on your frame of reference.

Some Russian sites supposedly claim it’s planned some time in 2020 but no statements are forthcoming from Netflix :oops:

Seriously, Netflix can be rather annoying... they need to just make a statement and be done with it... the continued vacuum on release dates for the many series i want to watch is just annoying :mad:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Indeed....

Just started to watch the last season of Glitch. Too much time in between releases sucks, forgot some of the details and makes it too hard to follow up.

Another thing that buggers me are series that are cancelled without a decent end. Pisses me off unfinished story lines.

Will see, the wife and I we are hooked on this series, but she gave up on Glitch. I want to see how ends.