Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neuton tyres

Canopyed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ storm ute
Hi, has anyone heard of this brand of tires. Its called Neuton. They look quite nice and look up to the task but i dont know if they will handle like they say they do ar as good as the potenza!! Any suggestions

They cost about 175 a tyre compared to 350 a tyre for the potenza.

cheers

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Never heard of them and they sound to cheap to be that good so i probably wouldn't buy them at all

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
Hey canopyed,
when i got my new 18's put on my VZ sedan they came with Neutons. I'll be honest and say that i haven't had any problem with them, but i also haven't really tried punching the car through rapid corners and trying to test the limits of the tyre. They seem to hold quite well, they handle quite well in the wet, and as you say aren't a bad price.
In a tyre you generally get what you pay for so i don't expect to get potenza style grip, but i don't do track racing or anything and don't need insane levels of road adhesion!
It's kinda like comparing a VZ exec to a SS- yeah they go well and drive nicely, but don't have the same performance!
Up to you, i find them to be fine but if you drive like Skaifey all the time, you might want to move up to something more pricier.

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
i just put a set on and they are fine,
i nearly got 2 years outta the nexen tyres that were on previously so im lookin to give these a runnin, and yes they look up to the job for what a "normal" driver would do to them, and besides its fun to break traction every now and then neway

the newtons have a nice lil lip on the tyre to save ya rims against slight gutter scrapes

$700 fitted it cost me

Canopyed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ storm ute
cool i think im going to go for them now!! Its a work car so i drive it all day everyday so the potenza are nice but i dont really need the extra performance they provide also because i dont have a good enough suspension set up to hold the car during high speed cornering. I think these tyres will do the trick!! I will let yous know how they handle!!

Cheers to all for your reply!!

Ciao

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
And people wonder why they cant stop in an emergency situation....

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
cause they cant drive or they dont know their vehicles limits or they werent paying attention or they were distracted or they were going to fast or were following to close or they were on their P's or they were etc etc..

IMO if u got tyres that stick like glus and u smash the breaks in an emergency situation then the fella behind u if gunna run up ya arse even harder

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
And people wonder why they cant stop in an emergency situation....

Some people cant afford expensive tires. my maxxis tires are just fine and they are cheap.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hahaha My spare is maxxis, gotta love it.

Stopping is a combination of Tyres brakes and suspension.

they work together

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 L67 VS Calais & Datsun 120Y
i realise this is a thread dig but i wanted to add my 2c.

There was a full review conducted on 10 different performance tyres. The most expensive didnt exceed as well as you might think, in fact a middle of the road priced tyre came out on top regarding stopping distance. So Minux's comments are not valid.

I have Neuton NT-5000's, (245x35R19) on my VS Calais. My car produces 850Nm at the wheels and i can honestly say the Neutons are amazing at keeping traction. In the wet thought they are horrible. DOnt ever bother taken the car out in the wet.

Ive had Maxxis (Great tyre for the price but lost traction to easily)
Ive had Nankand (Good tyre, never had power then so couldnt brake traction lol)