Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nevins VS Clubsport Build

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Thanks for your opinion :). The wheels aren't bad, just not the best on this car, they looked good on my VY. As for the tri-spokes, i would be worried about the 'classic HSV' if it was a GTS, but its only a clubby mate, there is heaps of them. I like modifying cars, not leaving them stock.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Agree with Frogsta, needs some Calais tail lights. Makes a huge difference. Trust me I'd know ;) Other than that she's another sexy VS clubby :)

As for doritos, well, they're ugly so best you don't have them anyway lol.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
wheels don't look to bad. ive got VT ultra lows on my VS (VT Ultra lows are the same as VS SSSL) does drop it quite nicely. just put shortend shocks in the rear.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
NOOOOO. Dorito's ftw.

Yeah right. I still have the belief that the designers were stoned and eating corn chips while trying to think of a wheel design. Why else would anyone be like hmmm lets make triangle wheels?

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
wheels don't look to bad. ive got VT ultra lows on my VS (VT Ultra lows are the same as VS SSSL) does drop it quite nicely. just put shortend shocks in the rear.

yeah mate i found vs ultra kings and monroe short shocks for front and rear at a decent price, so ill prob go with that for a start. just gotta come up with the $$ now haha.

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Agree with Frogsta, needs some Calais tail lights. Makes a huge difference. Trust me I'd know ;) Other than that she's another sexy VS clubby :)

As for doritos, well, they're ugly so best you don't have them anyway lol.

yeah i've never been a fan of the tri's either... Calais light hey, ill have to check it out.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Nice lookin clubby mate !!! It looks like its been looked after having 200 xxx km on it !!! And like ur comment I like modifying cars I'm the same !!! I love it ,standard parts sux and break and building your car is half the fun !!! and leave the wheels its your car do it the way u want it !!! And for lowering it I have fully adjustable suspension and have had the front wheels near level with the guards , maybe guards 5 mm higher and the back wheels about level with guards, my side skirts are level at 130 mm of ground and iv driven around for years like that with out problems and that's with twin 2 1/2 exhaust I went little lower and had problems with tyres scraping guards and Stuff !!! But now iv got twin 3 inch and looks like ill have to go up a bit !!!

Got any thoughts on what u want to do for exhaust , intake and cam ???

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Cheers man. Not any real thoughts on cam, intake , exhaust yet. maybe a C.O.M.E. racing intake mani... but like ill ever have to dosh for that (bout to have second baby lol) what would you recommend on the subject.
I did think about fully adjustable but i don't think i would really ever need it.
Thanks for the comments again man.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Cheers man. Not any real thoughts on cam, intake , exhaust yet. maybe a C.O.M.E. racing intake mani... but like ill ever have to dosh for that (bout to have second baby lol) what would you recommend on the subject.
I did think about fully adjustable but i don't think i would really ever need it.
Thanks for the comments again man.

If you don't have the money to throw away don't do anything and just leave it and do little thing !!! If your chasing exhaust I have my twin 2 1/2 system with pace maker extractors for sale it's in the parts for sale on this forum might have to go throw a page or 2 to find it but apart from that I'd do what I done for years and just get ya low springs that u want, and just do all the small things first decent set of leads and plugs, 70 mm throttle body ,maybe some rockers that are 1.6 ratio !!! Then just drive it a bit make sure all is good u might need to replace some thing that u haven't found yet like steering parts or wheel bearings or rubbers all the normal things tends to stuff out then

Then one day when its running good and u can just jump in and drive when ever u like then look at cam or something !!! Iv got the COME manifold and your right they are not cheap !!! And u can probley get power for that money other ways