Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New 20" Tyres :(

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'll get a price on some Falken FK452's for U tomorrow. They're an awesome tyre. I should be able to have them shipped direct to you from a distributor in Brisbane at a crazy good price!

Cheers,

Brad

[email protected]

New web site coming soon!

Hey Brad,

If you're looking anyway and get a chance, can you suss out the price for the 18 inch SS stockies in the FK452s? 245/45R18

Don't need them just yet, but the old Kumhos are starting to get a bit long in the tooth. I'd take a punt and say they'll done and dusted within 6 months.

Just curious to get a ball park figure if you have time, mate.

cheers.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I can get you the Kumho KU31 in 275/30R20 for $234 each.

Those were the tyres I was using on my VE and they're pretty good. More of a sporty tyre.

I'm pretty keen on these mate. I thought Kuhmo's were an expensive and good quality tyre? I am after a more sporty tyre as i tend to plant the foot a bit.

Has anyone heard anything about the Kuhmo's?

I'll get a price on some Falken FK452's for U tomorrow. They're an awesome tyre. I should be able to have them shipped direct to you from a distributor in Brisbane at a crazy good price!

Cheers Brad, let me know as soon as you have a price.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Before i read the latest above i was pretty set on these as i can get them for $200 each. Supplied, fitted and balanced Acellera Ph-1 In a 275/30R20 of course.

They are a pretty budget tyre though. Has anyone heard of them?

I actually ordered these today, i think i might cancel.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
I had the Falken 452's on mine on the last set. They were pretty good, a nice looking tyre with good grip etc. They were cheaper at the time than the standard bridgestones by about $150 per tyre. I think they are well worth looking into.

The maxxis seem to get a good review on commodores... theyre a chinese tyre if I understand it correctly, but they are the pick of the chinese bunch. Falkens are japanese i think.

When i bought my 20's they were $3000 with Kuhmos or Falken 452's um derrr i take the falkens (sorry but Kuhmo are ****!!!)brillant tyre although my rears didn't last long lol, couldn't get a good price for 2 replacments so eneded up getting Maxis 245/35R20's for $249 each at bob jane seem like a reasonable tyre just put 2 on my SV8(rear again lol) i do hate buying chinese but they are not bad. Personally if you can get 452's at a good price go for them!!!!

Before i read the latest above i was pretty set on these as i can get them for $200 each. Supplied, fitted and balanced Acellera Ph-1 In a 275/30R20 of course.

For a car worth over $30G put some decent tyres under the bum...

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
When i bought my 20's they were $3000 with Kuhmos or Falken 452's um derrr i take the falkens (sorry but Kuhmo are ****!!!)brillant tyre although my rears didn't last long lol, couldn't get a good price for 2 replacments so eneded up getting Maxis 245/35R20's for $249 each at bob jane seem like a reasonable tyre just put 2 on my SV8(rear again lol) i do hate buying chinese but they are not bad. Personally if you can get 452's at a good price go for them!!!!

For a car worth over $30G put some decent tyres under the bum...

I'll see what Brad comes back with for the falcons then. I don't know much about tyres so im relying on you boys... scary thought i know haha.

Yes i know im being a tight ass but it gets annoying when im replacing them every 6 months. I'm replacing both my rears and they've done 17,500kms this time :bang:

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
I'll see what Brad comes back with for the falcons then. I don't know much about tyres so im relying on you boys... scary thought i know haha.

Yes i know im being a tight ass but it gets annoying when im replacing them every 6 months. I'm replacing both my rears and they've done 17,500kms this time :bang:

**** my cars only done 11000kms and on it's 2nd set of rears lol

Good old ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/275-30-20-FA...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e3daf8bf

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

I remember reading about the acceleras in some tyre comparison test - They did better in the wet than the dry, which is very odd. I remember them doing pretty well for the money.

The Falken FK452s are getting some good reviews on a bunch of sites - I had a set of Falkens on my old ute - no idea what the product code (possibly ZE92?) but they were called Zeix or something - and they were fkn hopeless! Worst tyres I have driven on in my entire life, closely followed by Yokohama A539 - wow were they rubbish - and the Yokos were on a calais! Zero grip in any direction. But the old Falkens gave me absolutely no grip in the back at all, to the point where I had to change my route to work if it was raining as the ute would not have enough grip to get up a hill if I had to stop at the lights. She was VERY prone to spinning. Never thought I'd look at Falkens again, but the 452s DO sound like a very good tyre.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i've been quoted the Falcons $260 fitted and balanced.

i'm pretty keen on the kuhmo's at the moment as $234 sounds like a damn good price

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
I remember reading about the acceleras in some tyre comparison test - They did better in the wet than the dry, which is very odd. I remember them doing pretty well for the money.

yep thats where i heard of them from lol someone told me about that test

**** my cars only done 11000kms and on it's 2nd set of rears lol

i honestly thought i was rough on mine! haha

yea those are the falcons im looking at

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Geez.. $260 is a good price.

I find the Kumhos very sticky. But as the tread wears down, they're a little touchy in the wet. The fronts hang on though, which is what's important. Utes are always tail happy in the wet but they just seem to slip a little more than normal after about half wear. Only had one occasion though where I thought, oo.. should check the tread! Obviously the stability smarts keep everything in check, and after driving a ute for years, you expect the arse to swing around so it's no big deal really.

I'm just a bit suss about the fact that they wear through the centre and not evenly at the back. That would indicate to me that they're over-inflated, but I never run them higher than the placard, and am actually running a few PSI down at the rear to compensate - it's pretty dramatic. And with my gearbox issues, there's definitely no gutsing it sadly. The rears aren't on the indicators yet, but not far away.

The sidewalls are also a little soft - the only place I feel they don't stand up to the OE Bridgestones. I wasn't impressed with those at all. Also had dunlop sport-somethings - they were better than the Falkens (NOT 452s - dealer fitted cheap Falkens when I got the wheels) on the old ute - but then running on the rims would have been better than those. The dunlops weren't cheap and not nearly as sticky as I would have liked.