Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New 2009 VE Omega

bkm2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VE Berlina
Hi guys, i just bought myself a 2009 VE OMEGA SIDI. Apart from only being a 6 cylinder, has anybody ever had any trouble with these particular models? I bought the car of my grandparents who bought it brand new with 20 k's on the clock, so i know it hasnt been trashed. Any help or info on this subject will be helpful. Cheers.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
As far as I am aware of, I don't recall a lot of people giving negative feedback with that particular model. It's the 3L not the 3.6 if I remember correctly all the sidi's come with a 3L and the sv6 gets the 3.6L.. (correct me if I'm wrong guys). Only thing on that the tuning potential isn't as great to that of the 3.6 version because of the single exhaust header port the 3L has whereas the 3.6 has proper ones.. That's just a fyi if you were wanting to go down that path there is options out there but not a great deal..

With regards to the overall car/engine I would be looking up UFO he has a ve wagon with the 3L sidi and loves the thing best opinion would be his.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I bought my VE 3.0 a little over a year ago, and I 'm very happy with it.
I read this forum, and it's 90% "I bought a working car; I modded it; and now it won't go". There's a lesson in there ...
All I've done to mine is get a towbar installed, and replace some tyres.

Save your money for something worthwhile.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
My 3.6 auto '09 runs fine. Has only done close to 15k though.
Only problem being the rear end was out of alignment scrubbing out the expensive 18in. tires. It was noticeable. Full alignment done properly fixed that at about 9 or 10k.
Would suggest an alignment and full and proper service using a good synthetic oil.