Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new android touchscreen gps stereo integrated faceplate i've been working on

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
this looks REALLY good.

integrated gps screen is a big selling point on its own... but the fact I can have a tidy audio solution with my mp3's is a huge plus. I dont think ive EVER used the cd player!!!

question though, got other colour options? the carbon fiber looks dated imo. what are the chances of getting something more stock looking?

but i'm definitely interested in this. great upgrade option for omega console spec owners who dont want to go down the ssv transplant option.

piranha

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 2008
This is the first one I have done and it involved cutting up the original faceplate, glueing in some pre cut plastic to suit the screen size, body filler and sanding and although the shape is good it looked pretty messy, could have painted it black or silver but decided to put a fibre wrap over it instead to cover it all up. I think you could even still use the cd player if you take the faceplate off you can still put disc in I havent tried but I suspect the lack of buttons on the faceplate may limit its functionality. I have this lcd one and the original faceplate which I can swap over to if needed.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
For anyone with an IQ system. I was sitting in my car waiting for a mate one day and playing with my Galaxy Note II, went to change songs on the IQ unit and noticed the size of it compared to my phone. Put my phone to the IQ screen and was surprised that it was pretty much a perfect fit. Too bad you can't swap them around.