Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new angel eye altezza headlights

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Got the headlights today and have put them in..at first they seemed great, but when I took a closer look at what the light was doing, the angel eyes are dull with parkers, would *sometimes* pop to full brightness when headlights are turned on full, would then go back to dull with high beams. My front left angel eye has now stopped working. For the angel eyes to work there HAS to be parkers in there, and they had to be the ones supplied. I couldn't use my white LED parkers, one becuase they didn't fit in the damn hole, and two because the angel eyes just wouldn't come on with the LED's in there..

So all in all, very very frustrated right now.
Oh and also, my right headlight is facing up, so there's doing to be problems for oncoming traffic! I find it odd that a part made for an Australian built car could be incorrect like this? Surely the manufacturer would know that the left light is the one that can be aimed up slightly...

With the LEDs most u'll have 2 put them in through the low beam socket (high beam in ur case) and make sure u have the right polarity around the right way or they wont work and they will effect the other lights 2 if they r on the same circuit. Im sure u could bridge the parkers over so u dont need 2 have parkers tho and the angel eyes would work.

With the headlights facing up u just need 2 adjust them at the back of the headlight.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah I know how to put the parkers in thanks wrx884, I had them in my old headlights. The problem is that they literally don't fit into the hole, the they're like 1mm too wide :O. But I did have them hooked in, and tried them both ways, the LED parkers would like up, but the angel eyes wouldn't.

I have got back into contact with Holmart in regards to the left angel eye not working and I now have to package it back up and send it back, to get another one... Bit of a hassle, but apparently I'll be credited for the postage cost, which I hope means refund, and not store credit grr.
I did try short circuiting the parkers, and that did allow the angel eyes to work, I just didn't have anything that I could put in there with the confidence that it wouldn't fall out. As anyone who will get these will find out, it's not the easiest job changing the parkers in these headlights..

I might post a photo tonight of my one working angel eye if people want, otherwise I'll just wait until I get the new one and they're both working...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
found the pontiac lights on ebay
wud these fit the calais??
lights

yeah they would man :thumbsup: see how they have the sharp point in the inside corners just like urs?? thats the only difference ur model has compared 2 standard and the VX tear drop.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I tell you what dan, if you get those pontiac lights, and they fit, I'll be getting a new front bumper just so I can fit calais shaped lights, and then get these pontiac ones haha.

I've just got an email from Holmart, I have to send mine back because it was a bad batch. So I'm getting refunded as the new batch won't be out til next month or something..

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I had a look at vx calais lights on eBay (to compare the photos) and it appears the the calais ones have a sharper point.. I guess it depends if you're willing to spend $400 odd on lights that might not fit :p.