Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new angel eye altezza headlights

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
OK thanks I'm just going to get the ones with out angel eyes and make my own then

I have seen ways to create your own angel eyes I'm going to do that I'm also thinking of putting in a HID or bright led globe in and see how that goes ill let you know of the result and how it does
I have been thinking of putting stronger LEDs in the angel eyes also.

Bezzey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 99' Series II
I've had a search but to no avail so now I put this question out to you guys.

How would I wire the angel eyes to come on with my ignition and off with my ignition?

Also was thinking of putting a nice clean black switch dedicated to the angel eyes next to the factory light switch or if I end up getting a woodgrain gear surround i'll use the traction control switch hole and put the fog light switch that usually goes on the dash facia.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...t-my-steering-wheel-control-installation.html

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?p=2160485

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
The headlights will bolt straight in. The angel eyes are hooked to the parkers circuit. The only problem with that is that you can't put LED parkers in, otherwise the angel eyes won't work (well that how mine were when I had them when they first came out - I have since sent them back). So you have to keep the stock parker globe, which is yellow, which does make it look a little gay, but I guess if you can find a white halogen light, then that would be better.

I did find that if you short out the parker globe position, the angel eye will still work, so just so long as you can connect the positive and negative of the parker globe connection, then the angel eye will still work.

The Angel eye used is lower voltage than a 12V circuit, very bad idea to short out the led globe it starts spewing out smoke after not long... In saying that, that is what got mine working with a LED globe... Please don't try this, i think the reason mine works is pure dumb luck, Angel eye wasnt working before and i shorted out the driver side parker globe to have a look at how it lights up Preeeetttyyy... Smoke??? Angel eye had started pouring out smoke that smelled like a burned out amp... i was like *Whoops...* better check it all still works. i put the LED in the parker position and what do you know. they both light up....

I couldn't leave the Ute with just 1 like that so i tried it on the other side. as soon as the smoke started i removed the pliers that i was shorting it out with and stuck the LED back in, worked like a charm..
The car has been running for 15 mins now, no more smoke. angel and led both working.

I can't stress enough, Do not try this on my word alone. They aren't exactly cheap as you well know, and if you stuff it. It's your dumb fault.

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
And after a full day of having just the parkers and halos on, they're still on.
I still don't suggest doing it unless you know what you are doing.

A resister on the circuit would probably suffice according to some guys at work, we're electronics technicians

Bingaz_1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
8 years later and im here with a simple solution that I've been using for years since i got them....
Get 2 glass parker bulbs... get pliers... break glass of bulb carefully... twist the wire inside so it cant light up anymore but still complets the circuit then install into the headlight... BAM.. now you only have the angel eyes as parkers.. i wonder if this will ever help someone. i hope so...
Sorry im 8 years too late...

Attachments

• 20200328_173432.jpg
    20200328_173432.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 119