Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Antenna and Mast

Paytz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Exec
so a while back my antenna mast popped out and while trying to replace the mast i stuffed the motor:bang:. So now that i can afford it im looking at replacing the whole thing.

Now since this will be more expensive i was wondering if any of you guys could offer advice as to installation and also which of the below models would be most suitable.

COMMODORE HSV VN VP VR VS VT VX VY VZ MONARO ANTENNA - eBay Antennas, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-May-09 22:15:31 AEST)

or

ANTENNA Commodore VY Series 2 8/2003on - VZ AUTO AERIAL - eBay Antennas, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-May-09 09:43:47 AEST)

Cheers in advance guys.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
so a while back my antenna mast popped out and while trying to replace the mast i stuffed the motor:bang:. So now that i can afford it im looking at replacing the whole thing.

Now since this will be more expensive i was wondering if any of you guys could offer advice as to installation and also which of the below models would be most suitable.

COMMODORE HSV VN VP VR VS VT VX VY VZ MONARO ANTENNA - eBay Antennas, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-May-09 22:15:31 AEST)

or

ANTENNA Commodore VY Series 2 8/2003on - VZ AUTO AERIAL - eBay Antennas, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-May-09 09:43:47 AEST)

Cheers in advance guys.

That first listing is for reconditioned units, It tells you to specify your model after you buy. They are all interchangeable VT-VZ. I have installed a VZ unit into our VT as the dealer said they are superseded and better made, whether there is any truth to that i don't know. Personally I wouldnt bother with reconditioned and spend the extra $30 and buy one from a dealer.

Cheers

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Agree - I bought new from dealer as well.

Paytz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Exec
Bought the one from the Second link works like a champion bit of a screw around to get on but well worth it cheers for the advice guys.

Last edited: