Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Battery - Strange starting issue

jamo96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore Storm Ute
lol, youre welcome

I would never have thought there was a bad connection just by feeling them... They felt quite tight already. I could only put about full turn (maybe less) with the socket wrench. But seems to have done the trick...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I would never have thought there was a bad connection just by feeling them... They felt quite tight already. I could only put about full turn (maybe less) with the socket wrench. But seems to have done the trick...

On my car it was the spade connector, just pulling it off and back onto the terminal a few times was enough to make the issue go away.

jamo96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore Storm Ute
On my car it was the spade connector, just pulling it off and back onto the terminal a few times was enough to make the issue go away.

Mmm yeah I did that too. Pretty crappy connector if you ask me

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

i know, right???

if only there were some kind of internet thingie that you throw up problems on, and then people with experience with these kind of problems take the time to help you out and give you the answers you need for nothing in return, cept' maybe a little gratitude.

but sadly, i guess that doesnt exist. oh well, lucky you figured it out for yourself mate!!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I could only put about full turn (maybe less) with the socket wrench.

Sounds loose to me! You probably could've grabbed the cable and moved it around.

jamo96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Commodore Storm Ute
i know, right???

if only there were some kind of internet thingie that you throw up problems on, and then people with experience with these kind of problems take the time to help you out and give you the answers you need for nothing in return, cept' maybe a little gratitude.

but sadly, i guess that doesnt exist. oh well, lucky you figured it out for yourself mate!!

I never said I figured it out myself. No need to be sarcastic. You called it, the need to tighten the bolts. I am grateful. Thanks for your help.