Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Black Ute with Peppered Paint - Be warned...!

corypelican

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Ute
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give evryone a heads up on a paint issue that I have come accross in the last couple of months on not just 1 car, but 2...

I bought a new SV6 Ute in black at the start of January.
On pickup, I noticed that there was something funky going on with the paint on the back end of the car...
On closer inspection, it turns out that the car had been sandblasted during transport to the dealership...
This ended up covering most of the car.

To cut a long story short, My Ute is currently getting re-sprayed at the dealers expense, not Holdens.
The dealers have 24hrs to check over the vehicles that arrive and to let Holden know if there is any damage to these cars.

In the meantime, I have had loan of an SS series 1 Ute and now have another series 2 SV6 Ute.
When I picked up the latest SV6 Ute, I noticed that it too is covered in paint chips just like mine.
I pointed it out to the dealer Manager, who had no idea about it.
This car is brand new with only 24km on the clock.

I thought that I should let people know to make sure they check over their new cars very carefully!
And make sure you do it outside in the sun light.
My car was indoors when I picked it up and didnt spot it until it was moved into the daylight.

Who knows how many other cars have gone out with this problem...?
And who knows how Holden is transporting these cars to have so much paint damage...

Happy Buying to all!

On another note,

The new SV6 Ute that I have, is painted in a "Trial Colour".
Its a new blue that might take over the Voo Doo blue. Depending on the feedback that comes in from the public.
Its a flatter blue colour (not as metalic) maybe a bit pastaly and apparently it has a gold fleck in it...
I have to get it in the sunlight to see if this is true, but with all this rain around it has proven to be difficult...
I will endevour to get a photo up for all to see.

Watch this space for photos...

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
keen for the pics of the new blue

corypelican

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Ute
IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Pics as promissed.

The photos really dont do it any favours.
It looks totally different in person...
If I park next to the old VooDoo blue ill take a pic.

corypelican

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Ute
which dealer/chain was it from?

Its the Motorama Holden at the Gabba.

Other than my car having the peppered paint, the dealership and its staff has given me very good service!
I have never been talked to negatively through my purchase and during the time of coming to a solution to fix the paint problem.
I cant say that about the service I had from some of the other dealers I visited before going here...