Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] New Cam (maybe)

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Looking for putting a cam in the Blue Pig , not looking to set the world on fire just looking for something to give a good power increase , still daily drivable , dont mind a little lumpy . What have folks fitted ? - Has full engine back exhaust, otr and low profile aluminium intake (90mm tb).

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Looking for putting a cam in the Blue Pig , not looking to set the world on fire just looking for something to give a good power increase , still daily drivable , dont mind a little lumpy . What have folks fitted ? - Has full engine back exhaust, otr and low profile aluminium intake (90mm tb).

Manual or auto?

Either way, If I had my time over again, I'd spend the extra cash and supercharge mine instead of doing a cam upgrade.

That way you retain the driving manners of a stock one, but have so much more torque and power over what a camshaft change will bring.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Manual or auto?

Either way, If I had my time over again, I'd spend the extra cash and supercharge mine instead of doing a cam upgrade.

That way you retain the driving manners of a stock one, but have so much more torque and power over what a camshaft change will bring.
Auto. NZD 4k + 1.6k for cam and dyno against NZD 14k plus for a super charger kit , I'll stick with a cam if thats the direction I head in .(But yes a supercharger would be cool for that reason just waaay outside my budget).

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Good package, good price and these guys know their LS. They built a dream engine exactly to my spec. What you're looking at in the range is low to mid revs (good for a daily) on the first two, the last three start to move into strong mid to top and lots of top on the last one with lump. Shouldn't be too piggy though

https://www.lsxperformanceparts.com.au/ls2-gmm-camshaft-package/