Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW CAR WARRANTY

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by NME, Jun 30, 2020 at 9:59 PM.

1. NME

NME New Member

Members Ride:
    SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
    I am very happy with my recent purchase of a nice red SSV Redline with a mere 4300 km on the clock. Obvious it is that it’s still covered by new car warranty . I don’t want to get pedantic about irrelevant things, but there were no front floor mats supplied, and under a new car warranty surely they should be ? My point here is that “attention to detail” should be considered by car dealers as significantly important. On top of the purchase price of $57,000, I paid a further $2000 for some sort of paint protection/warranty, named “Shmick” and an interior protection/warranty. On my initial inspection of the vehicle, I noticed a couple of scratches on the driver-side.
    The sales rep suggested I get the Schmick protection package, and that all scuffs and scratches would be removed before the Schmick coating was put on, returning the all over appearance of the car to brand new.
    Some two weeks later when I turned up to finalise the purchase , I was dismayed to see a significant scuff mark still there, and a scratch on the front left fender. . I had to waste a whole afternoon while I sat in the dealers as they polished the scuffs and scratches out and they supposedly reapplied the Schmick Stuff.
    Think I was had.
    Oh well besides that it’s a beautiful car, as new condition and I probably should be happy with what I’ve got . But the dealers could have done better . I have cancer , and the people at the dealership knew what this purchase meant to me that it was symbolic of an important life changing struggle in my life and I feel that they should’ve put far more effort into the presentation of the vehicle . *ucking used car salesman .

2. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV
    no, a warranty covers repairs it does not provide accessories.

as for the scuff mark if you are still not happy with it take it back and tell them to fix it.

3. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    Unfortunately floor mats are optional but it would have been nice for dealer to include them. Cost them crap all.
    Poor form..
    But again...it's Holden...
    And they could care less now that the door will be shut...
    Welcome to Holden dealer standards (or lack of)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 10:12 PM
  4. NME

NME New Member

Members Ride:
    The scuff marks are gone. It’s as new.
    Ron, you’re right.
    Poor form. That’s my point.
    I hate all forms of bull*hit.
    I hate my time being wasted.
    I expected better.
    But its so important not to hold on to negativity.
    I am enjoying the car very much.

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  5. NME

NME New Member

Members Ride:
    9BAC0A91-3813-439A-BCA3-89BA46204EED.png It’s the wording “original equipment” in the Owners Manual that made me think that the floormats would have been supplied. Also, floormats were supplied to the back seats, but not the front. Ah well, got some now, and they are doing their job as intended. And two great fluffy black sheepskins for the front seats which look like big cuddly bears. Vroooom, this is my first V8, and, no, I will not smoke her up.

Geoff6666 and Ron Burgundy like this.
  6. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    Just different wording for OEM mate

7. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
    Floormats were optional for the person who bought it new (they were always on the option list - never standard) ... floor mats do wear out, and given that the car's a minimum of 3 years old, it's certainly possible the person using it wore them out. They probably bought mats for the front & back, since you have them in the back, but the dealer thought the front ones were too scruffy to keep in the car.

8. stooge

stooge Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV
    being a dealer demo? i would say the dealer had put a set of mats in it which makes me wonder if the cleaner took the mats out and never put them back in so it might be worth asking them where the front mats went because the other half of the set (rear mats) are still there.

they should be a set like this
    https://www.originalpartsgroup.com.au/new-genuine-holden-commodore-vf-vf2-carpet-floor-m~6459

9. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    This is possible, but I think it's more likely it had mats all 'round when new 3 years ago, but the front one could've very easily have become dirty or muddy.

stooge likes this.
  10. TSMAX

TSMAX Member

Members Ride:
    HSV CLUBSPORT R8
    Congratulations on your purchase!! I am presuming it's the red wagon in your profile photo.
    Regarding the front mats, very poor form from the dealer. I know HSVs come with mats and not a big deal for the dealer to throw the mats when you purchase a car close to $60k. Interesting it had the rear mats though. Did you ask the dealer why there were no front mats?
    Hope you are on the recovery path with your condition, and wish you all the best!!
    My Clubsport was my first V8 as well, and owning it for over 4 years now, it still brings smile to my face every time I drive it, and I am sure it will be the same for you!!

11. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Yeah, it’s very poor form for a dealer not to get an expensive second hard car looking perfect and fully checked and serviced (if required) before offering the car for sale. Sadly, dealers often exhibit poor form. It’s in their nature :eek:

Always easier to get things sort out before purchase but contract delivery issues (not getting some widget one expected) is not something to be handled via warranty.

On that later note, sadly, I have my reservations whether a Holden warranty (should you need it) is even worth much these days :( May be worth something at the moment but with each year that passes, it feels like it’s worth less and less. I suspect Holden will take a harder and harder stance of what it’ll fix as they sort their exit from the market o_O

Regardless of the initial source taste the dealer may have left you with, you got things resolved and the car sounds like it’s perfect now. So enjoy your new toy and be safe :)

All the best of health and good luck in your remission :cool:

12. Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart I love puddles.

Members Ride:
    VF-SII SV6 (MY017) Sportwagon
    Front and rear dedicated Holden floor mats are around $160 as a listed option, not an included drive-away price, unless there is a special deal going e.g. maybe a long-time repeat customer.

Driver's side floor mats on used cars will often have a heel-patch that is unsightly and will mean the mat is tossed out either on display or prior to delivery, and maybe cheap Chinee mats installed as a stop-gap measure (as I found in my VF). Worse, the heel patch may have gone through to the floor (e.g. staccato-wearing drivers...). Holden's own mats are pricey, but very robust as opposed to the tatty and frayed mats before them.

I have no idea and have never heard of the Schmick coating; I had ceramic wet-look coating applied to mine, and the pre-prep was to treat any and all roadblast, remove any scuffs (none were ever there) and a thorough prep-wash — any paint protection cannot be done cheaply, and corners cannot be cut. I am surprised by the rather breezy affair you experienced at Holden.

As comfy as they are (I had them all the time in a VZ), ensure your fluffy black sheepies do not interfere with the deployment of the side impact airbags in the seats.

13. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    ^ If the fluffy black sheepies are the Holden ones, they don't cover the entire seat; they're effectively an insert that sits inside the bolsters (backrest & base), so doesn't affect airbag operation.

A little like this (although I think this is VE):

[​IMG]

We mostly got them because our MY14 has the Titanium alcantara trim-accents, and this stops 'em getting dirty.

14. Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

Members Ride:

That's good to know. There are still many aftermarket sheepies, and cloth seat covers that do not respect the requirement for unhindered side impact airbag deployment.

I have no idea how the 'titanium alcantara insert' can become dirty. A greased-up techie or a minimalist driver (a nudist) sitting on there will likely bring grief upon the strip otherwise...?

15. abuch47

abuch47 Active Member

Members Ride:
    LSS3 YOOTE
    also dealers steal easy parts all the time. probably gave away the floor mats to sweeten someone else deal

16. lmoengnr

lmoengnr Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
    First world problems...

17. Forg

Forg Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Have you seen the colour of cream leather when the driver has worn blue jeans just about every time they drove it? :)

Really light colours are just susceptible to getting filthy if you even shoot them dirty looks ...

18. Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

Members Ride:

LOL! :po_O