Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW CAR WARRANTY

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
I am very happy with my recent purchase of a nice red SSV Redline with a mere 4300 km on the clock. Obvious it is that it’s still covered by new car warranty . I don’t want to get pedantic about irrelevant things, but there were no front floor mats supplied, and under a new car warranty surely they should be ? My point here is that “attention to detail” should be considered by car dealers as significantly important. On top of the purchase price of $57,000, I paid a further $2000 for some sort of paint protection/warranty, named “Shmick” and an interior protection/warranty. On my initial inspection of the vehicle, I noticed a couple of scratches on the driver-side.
The sales rep suggested I get the Schmick protection package, and that all scuffs and scratches would be removed before the Schmick coating was put on, returning the all over appearance of the car to brand new.
Some two weeks later when I turned up to finalise the purchase , I was dismayed to see a significant scuff mark still there, and a scratch on the front left fender. . I had to waste a whole afternoon while I sat in the dealers as they polished the scuffs and scratches out and they supposedly reapplied the Schmick Stuff.
Think I was had.
Oh well besides that it’s a beautiful car, as new condition and I probably should be happy with what I’ve got . But the dealers could have done better . I have cancer , and the people at the dealership knew what this purchase meant to me that it was symbolic of an important life changing struggle in my life and I feel that they should’ve put far more effort into the presentation of the vehicle . *ucking used car salesman .

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
but there were no front floor mats supplied, and under a new car warranty surely they should be ? .

no, a warranty covers repairs it does not provide accessories.

as for the scuff mark if you are still not happy with it take it back and tell them to fix it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Unfortunately floor mats are optional but it would have been nice for dealer to include them. Cost them crap all.
Poor form..
But again...it's Holden...
And they could care less now that the door will be shut...
Welcome to Holden dealer standards (or lack of)

Last edited:

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
The scuff marks are gone. It’s as new.
Ron, you’re right.
Poor form. That’s my point.
I hate all forms of bull*hit.
I hate my time being wasted.
I expected better.
But its so important not to hold on to negativity.
I am enjoying the car very much.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
9BAC0A91-3813-439A-BCA3-89BA46204EED.png
It’s the wording “original equipment” in the Owners Manual that made me think that the floormats would have been supplied. Also, floormats were supplied to the back seats, but not the front. Ah well, got some now, and they are doing their job as intended. And two great fluffy black sheepskins for the front seats which look like big cuddly bears. Vroooom, this is my first V8, and, no, I will not smoke her up.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
View attachment 212052 It’s the wording “original equipment” in the Owners Manual that made me think that the floormats would have been supplied. Also, floormats were supplied to the back seats, but not the front. Ah well, got some now, and they are doing their job as intended. And two great fluffy black sheepskins for the front seats which look like big cuddly bears. Vroooom, this is my first V8, and, no, I will not smoke her up.

Just different wording for OEM mate

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Floormats were optional for the person who bought it new (they were always on the option list - never standard) ... floor mats do wear out, and given that the car's a minimum of 3 years old, it's certainly possible the person using it wore them out. They probably bought mats for the front & back, since you have them in the back, but the dealer thought the front ones were too scruffy to keep in the car.

Reactions: NME

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i would say the dealer had put a set of mats in it which makes me wonder if the cleaner took the mats out and never put them back in so it might be worth asking them where the front mats went
This is possible, but I think it's more likely it had mats all 'round when new 3 years ago, but the front one could've very easily have become dirty or muddy.

TSMAX

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV CLUBSPORT R8
I am very happy with my recent purchase of a nice red SSV Redline with a mere 4300 km on the clock. Obvious it is that it’s still covered by new car warranty . I don’t want to get pedantic about irrelevant things, but there were no front floor mats supplied, and under a new car warranty surely they should be ? My point here is that “attention to detail” should be considered by car dealers as significantly important. On top of the purchase price of $57,000, I paid a further $2000 for some sort of paint protection/warranty, named “Shmick” and an interior protection/warranty. On my initial inspection of the vehicle, I noticed a couple of scratches on the driver-side.
The sales rep suggested I get the Schmick protection package, and that all scuffs and scratches would be removed before the Schmick coating was put on, returning the all over appearance of the car to brand new.
Some two weeks later when I turned up to finalise the purchase , I was dismayed to see a significant scuff mark still there, and a scratch on the front left fender. . I had to waste a whole afternoon while I sat in the dealers as they polished the scuffs and scratches out and they supposedly reapplied the Schmick Stuff.
Think I was had.
Oh well besides that it’s a beautiful car, as new condition and I probably should be happy with what I’ve got . But the dealers could have done better . I have cancer , and the people at the dealership knew what this purchase meant to me that it was symbolic of an important life changing struggle in my life and I feel that they should’ve put far more effort into the presentation of the vehicle . *ucking used car salesman .
Congratulations on your purchase!! I am presuming it's the red wagon in your profile photo.
Regarding the front mats, very poor form from the dealer. I know HSVs come with mats and not a big deal for the dealer to throw the mats when you purchase a car close to $60k. Interesting it had the rear mats though. Did you ask the dealer why there were no front mats?
Hope you are on the recovery path with your condition, and wish you all the best!!
My Clubsport was my first V8 as well, and owning it for over 4 years now, it still brings smile to my face every time I drive it, and I am sure it will be the same for you!!