Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW CAR WARRANTY

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I am very happy with my recent purchase of a nice red SSV Redline with a mere 4300 km on the clock. Obvious it is that it’s still covered by new car warranty...
Yeah, it’s very poor form for a dealer not to get an expensive second hard car looking perfect and fully checked and serviced (if required) before offering the car for sale. Sadly, dealers often exhibit poor form. It’s in their nature :eek:

Always easier to get things sort out before purchase but contract delivery issues (not getting some widget one expected) is not something to be handled via warranty.

On that later note, sadly, I have my reservations whether a Holden warranty (should you need it) is even worth much these days :( May be worth something at the moment but with each year that passes, it feels like it’s worth less and less. I suspect Holden will take a harder and harder stance of what it’ll fix as they sort their exit from the market o_O

Regardless of the initial source taste the dealer may have left you with, you got things resolved and the car sounds like it’s perfect now. So enjoy your new toy and be safe :)

All the best of health and good luck in your remission :cool:

Reactions: NME

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Front and rear dedicated Holden floor mats are around $160 as a listed option, not an included drive-away price, unless there is a special deal going e.g. maybe a long-time repeat customer.

Driver's side floor mats on used cars will often have a heel-patch that is unsightly and will mean the mat is tossed out either on display or prior to delivery, and maybe cheap Chinee mats installed as a stop-gap measure (as I found in my VF). Worse, the heel patch may have gone through to the floor (e.g. staccato-wearing drivers...). Holden's own mats are pricey, but very robust as opposed to the tatty and frayed mats before them.

I have no idea and have never heard of the Schmick coating; I had ceramic wet-look coating applied to mine, and the pre-prep was to treat any and all roadblast, remove any scuffs (none were ever there) and a thorough prep-wash — any paint protection cannot be done cheaply, and corners cannot be cut. I am surprised by the rather breezy affair you experienced at Holden.

As comfy as they are (I had them all the time in a VZ), ensure your fluffy black sheepies do not interfere with the deployment of the side impact airbags in the seats.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ If the fluffy black sheepies are the Holden ones, they don't cover the entire seat; they're effectively an insert that sits inside the bolsters (backrest & base), so doesn't affect airbag operation.

A little like this (although I think this is VE):

image-8-jpg.156015

We mostly got them because our MY14 has the Titanium alcantara trim-accents, and this stops 'em getting dirty.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ If the fluffy black sheepies are the Holden ones, they don't cover the entire seat; they're effectively an insert that sits inside the bolsters (backrest & base), so doesn't affect airbag operation.

That's good to know. There are still many aftermarket sheepies, and cloth seat covers that do not respect the requirement for unhindered side impact airbag deployment.

I have no idea how the 'titanium alcantara insert' can become dirty. A greased-up techie or a minimalist driver (a nudist) sitting on there will likely bring grief upon the strip otherwise...?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
also dealers steal easy parts all the time. probably gave away the floor mats to sweeten someone else deal

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
First world problems...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have no idea how the 'titanium alcantara insert' can become dirty. A greased-up techie or a minimalist driver (a nudist) sitting on there will likely bring grief upon the strip otherwise...?
Have you seen the colour of cream leather when the driver has worn blue jeans just about every time they drove it? :)

Really light colours are just susceptible to getting filthy if you even shoot them dirty looks ...

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you seen the colour of cream leather when the driver has worn blue jeans just about every time they drove it? :)

Really light colours are just susceptible to getting filthy if you even shoot them dirty looks ...

LOL! :po_O

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
also dealers steal easy parts all the time. probably gave away the floor mats to sweeten someone else deal
Yeh ! There were rear mats but no front mats. It’s ok, I got some nice ones. Just very negligent and poor form from car dealer as the presentation of the car could have been better.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon