Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new carby

202-150hprw

Hey Guys,
I got a Blue 202, just rebuilt her, shes got Yella terras brand new head its the biggest they make, roller rockers, race pistons, crow cams newly designed cam. custom barings, hi flow headers, 3 inch exhaust,,,, but i still got the old carby. its been about 3000ks ran in now, shes newly tuned on the dyno she reads../oringinal stats new

original stats
83kW @ 4000 RPM i asum this is at the flywheel.
231Nm @ 2400rpm

New Mod stats
150hp rw@4750rpm revs out to 6000rpm comfertably
450Nm rw@2700rpm im quite happy with the torque

I dont know what my stats would be at the flywheel, but im running a aussie 4 speed and the original diff 3.45 i think so you get an idea of what alse its turning.

Im quite happy except for the original carby, throttle imput lags, wasts to much fuel and it shouldnt warm up so slow im sure its costing me kwts too, i really need sometihng to accododate the new cam. id like a decent webber but i dont want a fuel guzzler any recomendations. i got a soft spot for the manifold vacum guage i wont have to get rid of it will i.

Fitty

Reaction score
Just a tip, if you're comparing power ratings, give them in the same measurement. In case you didn't know how, hp x .75 = kw, and kw / .75 = hp.

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Have you considered an EFI conversion? StreetMachine hotted up a Holden 6 (cam, carb, head, exhaust, etc)... then ditched the carb, bolted on the EFI gear, added on some aftermarket fuel/spark management - the thing ate EFI 304's (ran low 14's in an early Torrie iirc..) Copped an arseload of extra torque over the carby setup too, thanks to the surprisingly efficient EFI manifold.

Definitely worth looking into. Not sure that M21 will hold up once you go much above where you are now though...