Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Clutch fitted to VE SS L98

bbpirate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS L98
Hi all,

Recently had an Xtreme HD SAC fitted to my car. It feels *exactly* the same as my old clutch.
The old one had chunks out of it so it was time for a change however this clutch feels exactly the same.

I was interested if anyone else who has fit a HD clutch into a VE SS and have the clutch feel "heavier" and "tighter" as mine still feels quite "light" and "lazy". I was sort of expecting a more heavier feel like a sporty car with a heavy clutch where the friction point is very low down and heavy :p Not to mention I didn't change the master cylinder. Because as of now I feel I fit a HD clutch for absolutely no reason. Does everyone's clutch feel like it has a lot of movement where the grabbing point is roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up?

Cheers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
mine is Mantic 9000 series ceramitelic and felt slightly softer then factory push but with way more grap, also they take a good few hundred km to wear in so dont burn it out u should notice it start to get more grabbie more u drive

ss905l

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS 6 speed, VE SSV 6speed
My ve ss clutch is stock but fitted a extreme HD to my vx ss and it was a fair bit heavier very snappy

G-Wizard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0L V8
Hi OP, I am looking at clutches right now for my car. Was it the Xtreme KGM30602-1A or the KGM28692-1A?

Last edited: