Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new Cold air intake Drama.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
dont know muttley383.
I just put a new air filter in and still no go. It stalls when you back of the accelerator. on gas haven't tried on petrol yet.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak, did you knock one of the vacuum lines off when you fitted the CAI?

Also try resetting the TPS, disconnect the battery for 10 seconds, reconnect, start the car in park and rev to just over 2000rpm for 10 seconds, switch off and then see how it goes.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Not that i am aware of. I'll check and do what you said.

EDIT: i don't have the dam radio pin code im just messaging the person who had the car b4 me.

I just checked the error codes. I got 44- Oxygen Sensor Lean (O2). and after it flashed that at me 4 times it gave me 12 all good 4 times and then repeat. Does that sound right?

Last edited:

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Also try resetting the TPS said:
Did not work. In fact i couldn't start it on gas. started on petrol and then switched over, then when i take my foot off and apply the brake she stalls.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
O2 sensor being lean still could point to a vacuum leak. My money is on that.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I rang a gas bloke up and he said take the OTR bit off as gas does not like the cold ram effect it has. so i took it off and back to normal.

so now I just got the pipe coming out of the air box and no big mouth. I would have thought the bloke who sold it to me would have said so. being a big dealer .

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you did get it off blackstar didnt you LOL.even with the stock petrol MAP based tunes the CAI can have issues when sealed they have different A/F ratios at WOT depending on how fast you are going or if you are driving into a wind .i would give it an extra hole to bleed off any pressure its creating

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Yeah I got it off him why? where would you put the hole?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
put the hole anywhere mate ide probably put it in the side by the guard in the base of the box and rivot on a peice of inner tube rubber so it sucks shut when theres no pressure and it stops it sucking any hot air when idling and blows open when cruising thats what i did on my vp

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
OK cool might give it a go. Thanks for all the help guys. I'll see what blackstar says.