Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new Cold air intake Drama.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
G'day guys,

I just bought a new Holden Cold air intake kit. See Ebay link.

Holden V8 Cold Air Intake Package VN VP VQ VR VS - eBay, Air Intake, Fuel Delivery, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Apr-09 17:13:15 AEST)

It all went together well. I had a small drama with the Air sensor tube I could only get the tube on half way up the brass barb.

But My major issue is when i am driving and have to pull up quick, not ultra ABS quick, but when you come up to a intersection after doing 80-100km and hit the brakes the battery light comes on and the car stalls. put in neutral start back up and away I go.

It was fine before. All I did was put the CAI on and that's it. now I did drop a shifter a couple of times and it brushed passed the alternator.

Any help would be appricated

Cheers.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Coincidence :) unsure what the problem is but it's not the intake and why did you have a shifter ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what do you mean by not getting the air sensor tube on properly pics of it by any chance

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Oh mate I had all sorts of tools I am not a mechanic lol. I had Sh1t every ware.

Ill take some pics tomorrow. but when i drilled the hole for the tube in the top part of the air box I didn't allow for the over the radiator bit and now I can only push the rubber tube half way on.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You've got me beat too. Brass barb?? tubes?? Air sensors??. Isn't it like 3 10 mm bolts two phillips screws and cut a slot in the lower box job done :)? Did there happen to be a white vehicle covered in ceramic tiles nearby that you mistook for your Stato? I beleive they are of a similar size

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
You are correct greenfoam.

But look at the pics.

Attachments

• intake1.jpg
    intake1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 177
  • intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 184

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
where does the hose on the brass barb goto.

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I think it goes into the left rocca cover? it was on the stock air box and the bloke said i have to put it in the new one.
Edit: Car is duel fuel.

Last edited:

kummo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
It goes in here.

Attachments

• intake2.jpg
    intake2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 156

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
Why is the drivers side breather not in the original throttle body port?.Is it because of the dual fuel setup?.
Should still work ok where you have it as long as there are no other open ports.