Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New colour for VN S/WAGON

belbelchic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 91- Executive S/Wagon, VN 90 S/Wagon
I got a red 91 VN commodore, i was thinking of getting it done a different colour, because im fed up with the colour to be honest, i was wondering how much it would cost me??, thinkin of going blue, and what else do i have to do, i guess i would have to let Vic Roads know, and my insurance,

thanks

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Well, for a full respray, especially to another colour can be very costly. I'm not sure on the exact price range, but I know it's not cheap. A few grand at the absolute least!! And yes, you do have to let Vic roads, your insurnace provider etc. of these sort of changes.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You could be looking at around the $3000 mark for a good job. Your paint will be worth more than the bloody car, really :p

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I think $3000 is conservative if you're changing colour. If its a different colour your gonna wanna do a full body respray which means completely stripping the car. Otherwise behind doors, under bonnet, in boot etc. etc. will be red whilst outside will be blue and so on.

Full body respray jobs are like $5,000 I think.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I took me several months to prep the wagon for 2 pak Hot House Green. $1,100 for the paint and other stuff. $350 for the spraypainter and booth for the day. I did the masking up. Spent around $300 for bits that I broke pulling the car to bits. $5,000 for someone else to do it is around the mark. I had no dents to fix!
And yes it's worth more than the car but I love it....

belbelchic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 91- Executive S/Wagon, VN 90 S/Wagon
I was at a panel beaters today , he said it would cost me over $4000, which is more than the car is worth!!!

so that idea is out of the question

thanks