Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Demerit Point Scheme! NSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
There is new demerit points really harsh on speeding. RTA should get ****ed and every branch be destroyed. You can't even be caught doing 30over on a full licence without being suspended.

Demerit points scheme

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
looks pretty fair if u ask me, the only thing i dont agree on is being booked for doing 61 in a 60 zone, needs a 3km/h leniency i reckon

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
But there are roads that it is reasonable to be doing like 35over in good conditions. They should of left it at 45 over was instant suspension.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
But there are roads that it is reasonable to be doing like 35over in good conditions. They should of left it at 45 over was instant suspension.

Reasonable? It may appear to be reasonable to you to be doing 35kmh above the posted limit, but it is not 'reasonable' if you value your licence. You may not agree with the limits, but tough ****. You don't like it, don't drive on Australian roads. It's a privilege. Maybe it would be safe to drive at those speeds, but the law says you can't; so don't. Problem solved.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Like i take it as tough **** on your Ps to be full on restricted. But on a full licence you should be able to get caught at anything 4 times with just a hefty fine.
Sorry i seem like major dick but im just in a massive anti-government mood at the moment.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
It just shits me because some people can follow the rules all the time go to overtake a truck in a 100 zone do 130 cop comes opposite direction bye bye licence. Like i'm not exactly a hoon but i dont drive slow either but i'm more pissed at how my parents could overtake in the country and get a 3mth suspension. I have no sympathy for anyone remotely like me cause id be asking for it.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
This is totally going to turn into a **** fight, but I'll pitch in before closing time.

You always got suspended for 30+ over. From your own link:

Pre 1 July 2009: 31 to 45 km/h = 4 points, $621, 3 months suspension (min)

Take the time to actually read and absorb the information on that site. You'll actually find that the fines are almost exactly the same, and the demerits are much fairer to people caught low-range speeding.

You need some serious attitude adjustment mate, like Stressball said it's a privilege you have a license to drive on the road. If you don't have enough respect for your fellow motorists to stick to the rules (which are there for everyone's good, not just you) - then do us all a favour and catch the bus.

Sharoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa Spec 5.7L VX Berlina
Just because you have a full licence doesn't mean you are a good driver.
You can get your blacks by 20 or so now.. I now a lot of people who have theirs and shouldn't be driving 30kms above the speed Limit.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Anyway i have only been booked once and the new scheme would make my fine less. But still licence suspension is too harsh. Id rather pay 2grand fine for being 20 over than lose it for 20 over if they ever did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.