Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New engine needed llt

RobnRenie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 ve sv6
Hey, I have a 2011 Ve sv6 series 2 With a stuffed engine 290 thousand trouble free k’s, she is still like a new car so I would like to get another engine fitted, does anybody know where to get a new or low k engine & where to get changed over. I’m in Dubbo NSW

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Im in Melbourne, and there is a fair few wreckers in Melb that will remove and ship it to you.

Keeping in mind, you are better to replace it with the same engine, LLT, LFX etc, etc.
I recently helped my nephew replace his V6 in his thunder ute,
as it seized with no warning or engine lights at 220,000 k's as it run out of oil,
Being it was a LFX, we sourced another LFX [with 173,000 k's on it] and replaced it,
and fired up straightaway,
it was a bit tappity, but let it idle for a couple of minutes and quietened down and runs perfectly.

Hint: When you do find one, make sure you use all of your original Sensors, of your Dead Motor,
But keep the other ones that came with the replacement engine for spares.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Try Midwest Auto Dismantlers in Dubbo. If they don't have one then maybe they can source one.