Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New exhaust(Help)

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
I have no idea about exhaust and mufflers and all that, i just want my car to sound a bit better a bit more growl to it. I dont have much at all to spend i was just wondering what my best option would be. as i have said i have no clue about this type of stuff so any suggestions or help would be greatly appriciated. :D

Ps:car = 95 VS acclaim

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i bought a red back exhaust system from the cat back. 2.5 inch mandrel bends with no rear muffler(just straight through pipeing) it cost me $260 and i fitted it my self it took about 1 hour to fit do a search on ebay. ill try and find the name of the bloke/company i bought it from

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
nah i dont have his details saved any more. sorry

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
thats cool i was thinking more about a lukey exhaust but maybe around that price range if possible because im on a very tight budget. But i will also need someone to fit it for me as i have no clue and dont have the time to do it myself.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
if you get from the cat back it wont cost much at all to pay some one .........it is reall easy and even easyer if they have a hoist and do exhaust 4 a living

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
i agree with poverty. if u can get someone who knows what they are doing to install the exhaust it wont take long at all. 2.5 inch from the cat back will give it a much better sound. I had a 2.5 put on my old vn and it made it sound nice. i will be doing the same on my VS when i get time.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I see your in Sydney I would recommend giving Sureflo a call they are well known and I know they sell a 3" cat back for $400 fitted si I assume that a 2.5" would maybe be a little cheaper. Their phone number is 02-98293158 in Inglburn

totq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8, Raptor S/C
beastVS,
My suggestion, be patient and save up about 1200-1500 for a complete system - extractors, high flow catalytic converter, 2.5" system with high flow muffler.
You'll defnitely be a lot happier with the extra performance as well as sound and only have to pay for labour once.
What brand? Really, there's probably not much difference between them all, but a trusted australian product such as Pacemaker are very good.
A cat back only system is only half a job and there is no noticeable power gain.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
mate if ur in sydney, go visit liverpool exhaust, i got my 2.5inch cat back done by them for 350 fitted with hsv tip. They made my exhaust custom to the sound i wanted,basically just changing hot dogs over till i got one i liked. I did notice a bit of difference in power because over 3000rpm the car picks up heaps better since fitting exhaust and cai, where as before the car would struggle a bit in the higher revs.

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
totq to save up that amount of money would take me years and i would probably die of old age before i got that much. Around the 200-350 mark fuly fitted is about my max.