Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New exhaust.. O2 warnings.. TUNED.. still Check Engine warnings!?!!?

MACDOOGAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Does anyone else here have there rear sensors turned off??

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
mate a good guess would be that a majority wouldnt know the difference if they are. i only know because i asked whats what when i had the work done. seems ive confused sabbathss as well?if kpm use vcm soft ware which i think they do seeing as they sell their otr's then they should know what to do?

MACDOOGAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Nothing ever goes easy!
Ok, so this is what's happening now...
Spoke to kpm about turning the sensors off, like you said bladerunner, and they told me they'd switched off the part that reads the emissions, so that's fine. Problem is the error on the rear O2 is saying it's an electrical fault.. That's why they replaced the sensor, picked it up this morning and it was fine until I got to the exact same spot as last time I picked it up, which happens to be driving up a bridge and the check engine light comes on again!!
So I took it back and they got no clue why it's happening when it's going up an incline without doing a full diagnosis.. So naturally I Negged out and had them just switch the sensor off completely and just ignore the problem cuz the way I figure it there must be a damaged wire that touch something when driving up a hill etc although they didn't see anything when they changed the sensor...
Ever heard of this before??

SSVman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan Redhot
I had a similar problem. Exhaust & Tune. Passenger side pos-cat o2 kept tripping CEL. Took months to sort it out. In the end replaced ECU (under warranty) and all fixed. I have to reflash back to to stock tune to get this work under warranty and luckily my o2s were in the exact same position as stock exhaust.

MACDOOGAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Really? So even with the exhaust done holden fixed it?? What if the O2 sensors were in a different spot, would it not work or something?? And probably most important, will anything BAD happen if i dont fix it???

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota GT86 (Previously VE SV6)
I've heard this happens Post tune on the VE SV6s too with full exhaust systems.

Also engine light due to their VVT Cams