Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New feature

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Yes holden have this feature at least back to VY's

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yes holden have this feature at least back to VY's
My 1999 VT Calais used to warn me of potential ice when driving remote in WA. From memory below 3 degrees C.
Never seen Road Ice in WA yet, may be possible on Mt Stirling. Plenty in fields though in their frosts.
All my Holdens since that one also had same feature, but nothing in the car changed, just a warning flashing on the climate control display.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Dose the car actually change any settings like dulling down the throttle response, making traction control stronger or is it just a message on the dash??

I was driving a ranger wildtrak and the outside temperature dropped down to about 3 degrees and the car was completely different to drive.

Why would you want the car to change all those settings just because it's a certain temp outside? 3 degrees doesn't automatically mean ice on the road. Personally, I'm happy with a courtesy message warning to be a little more careful. Cars do more than enough for us these days as it is.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Holden and GM have really dropped the ball in the technology department.
Le Commodore undoubtedly has the tech you’re after.
Don’t forget that VF/VF2 tech is circa 2012; and that when Commodore was really Commodore, it was always ‘cheap’, never ‘the latest’.

I was driving a ranger wildtrak
That’s a terrible story; I feel really sorry for you. :(
Seriously, help is available, you don’t have to suffer alone.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I was surprised the morning I noticed my work's Nissan Micra had it. A feature I wish they had of omitted for something more usable like cruise control.o_O

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yer I thought it was only a message on the dash.

Holden and GM have really dropped the ball in the technology department.

You can get just about any Mazda or Ford (I know I feel dirty saying it as well) with Adaptive cruise control, Active plane keep (where it steers you back into your line) and sh*t loads more.

I was driving a ranger wildtrak and the outside temperature dropped down to about 3 degrees and the car was completely different to drive.

Holden have this Tech on their newer cars. Astra, Commodore, Acadia and Equinox have lane keep assist. The VXR, Acadia and Astra have adaptive cruise control. I drove a VXR from Sunshine to Port Melbourne without touching the brake and stopped at the end of the freeway with cars all around me. Hardly used the steering to steer and slight corners the car can handle the road.

The VF is old tech. In 2013 it was one of the highest tech cars built in Australia at the time. I thought my Calais V was awesome. The Redline is like ok I've had this tech previous. Newer Holden cars it's like I wish this was in my Redline :(
Imagine if we had next generation car planned and built for Australia. It would of also had an LCD dash which Holden do have on their Acadia and VXR/Calais V