Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] New foglight / driving light restrictions

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
They look hell good though :p

Mmm......fully sick. Also refered to as 'w4nker lights'. It's been illegal to use fog lights in clear conditions for years.

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
i got pulled up ages ago for my foggys on my stato, the cop said "why so many lights mate" i just said i didnt know it was against the law to have em on..he let me off but gave me a defect.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Yep three new rules:
1. Fog lights must be off in clear conditions (I assume this means factory fitted ones too).
2. The DRIVER will cop a fine and demerit points if any passenger of any age doesn't have a seatbelt on (so if one of your mates doesn't have a seatbelt on, you cop the fine. Seems unfair to me.)
3. No U-turns over solid centre line.

Hang on... and all this is NEW in Queensland?

WTF?! Well, welcome to the 21st century anyway!

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
The seatbelt legislation used to be that if someone 16yrs+ had no seatbelt, they paid the fine - but obviously now they've taken the stance that it's the driver's responsibility no matter what.

Blown VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS Commodore
l hate tools driving with there fog lights on during the day

Look at me Look at me !!

Fine them all !!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm SII
I read about this in the recent RACQ mag. 40$ fine for fog lights on at anytime, night/day. Only allowed them on in 'poor visibility' which i think is BS cus about 4-6 in the arvy or early morning i like to have them on, not also for vision but so my speedo lights up aswell.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I read about this in the recent RACQ mag. 40$ fine for fog lights on at anytime, night/day. Only allowed them on in 'poor visibility' which i think is BS cus about 4-6 in the arvy or early morning i like to have them on, not also for vision but so my speedo lights up aswell.

Say what? You do know that you don't have to turn your fog lights on for your speedo to illuminate?.... Turn on your parkers/headlights = problem solvered.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Ive seen the cops driving around with theirs on in fine wether and also have watch them pass other drivers doing the same thing and they couldnt have cared less

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Speaking of these & the other restrictions / new laws that came in; I got a 10 page document sent to me from the Dept. Main Roads if anyone is interested in having a look? It's in PDF, I'm happy to email it to you if you want to read it, just PM me your address. There are some new rules in there which are worth reading.