Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New fuel pump but fuel pumping

Weld026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 3.8 V6 vy holden commodore S2
This is a real long shot but i just replaced my fuel pump in my 04 vy v6 holden commodore S2 and i have put fresh fuel in it rough guess like 40 liters but it wants to start but wont i checked the fuel lines going in and out of the pump but no fuel is coming out first time ever i have had this problem for me i have replaced two vt fuel pumps and both started up fine please help need help asap

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
what sort of pump? put the hoses on the right way? you sure its the right pump? connection put on correctly? fuse not blown? can you hear the relay clicking when you turn ignition on? have you taken relay out and jumped the contacts to manually power pump?

Weld026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delphi brand fuel pump and the people i brought it off said it was the right pump for this year model car and i have cheked all the fuel lines to make sure they are on the right ones and i mite go and check the fuses now and how do i jump it manually never done it that way before

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
have a look at the relay, might have pin markings on it showing that the contacts are, just get a split pin and bridge them. also get a multimeter to make sure there is power to the relay contact would be a good start as well.

Weld026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you for the help ill have a go at all of it to see if i can get the car to start again ill let you no if I can't get it going

Weld026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had two of the fuel lines in the wrong holes buy got it running now buy would you know why it would be having a little back fire out of the exhaust