Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New fuel pump for vz sv6 ?

jd71

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6
Hi guys

I'm pretty sure the fuel pump and/or fuel filter is the culprit for my car staggering under load (up hills etc) I sourced a fuel pump on eBay new and asked the seller if it would fit and he said should fit. Doesn't inspire confidence. It's 175 bucks. And says in description it fits is there a way to know for sure.?
And what do you guys think is a reasonable labour only charge for someone to change the fuel filter and pump? Thanks!
Fuel Pump for V6 3.6L Holden COMMODORE VZ SV6 04/16-06/16 FPE-417
[paste:font size="4"]Fuelmiser
Specifications[/paste:font]
SKU FPE-417-9f4ef4e99c0bc1758
Model #
Brand
Fuelmiser
Fitment Location #
Quantity Per Car #
PACK INFO # Contains 1 item(s)
NOTE #
PART DESCRIPTION

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Have you changed your fuel filter first? I would just do that first, a fuel pump is usually good or bad, not poor delivery, that's usually the filter. Having said that, the pressure regulator could be faulty, but just wack in a new filter and try that first.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
This guy gargles with gravel and has some handy vids relating to this. Well, relating to fuel filters and pumps. To find out about gargling gravel, you need to search elsewhere.

jd71

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6
Have you changed your fuel filter first? I would just do that first, a fuel pump is usually good or bad, not poor delivery, that's usually the filter. Having said that, the pressure regulator could be faulty, but just wack in a new filter and try that first.
Thanks I bought a fuel filter but haven't installed it as I read about the nightmare issues some have and have to replace the whole fuel line but I need to do this asap.

jd71

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6
This guy gargles with gravel and has some handy vids relating to this. Well, relating to fuel filters and pumps. To find out about gargling gravel, you need to search elsewhere.
Haha Ive watched all his vids, I was gonna do it myself but read on here some nightmare stories if clips breaking and having to replace the whole fuel line, chickened out! Need to get it done though, problem getting worse.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You won't damage anything if you use the proper tool. They aren't expensive.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Haha Ive watched all his vids, I was gonna do it myself but read on here some nightmare stories if clips breaking and having to replace the whole fuel line, chickened out! Need to get it done though, problem getting worse.

Drive to Adelaide and I will do it for nothing, mate it's a piece of cake. Give it a go.