Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new fuel pump using more fuel

B

bundyman85

fuel pump

hey guy/girls just wondering if anyone can help me!
i just resently changed my fuel pump and it is chewing more fuel now then it was before with the old fuel pump can anyone help plz
i have a VR SS 5Lt

B

bundyman85

fuel pump

i have just put a new fuel pump in my car an it is using more fuel then the last one is, the new fuel pump is white and the old one is a redy maron can anyone help ??

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What type of pump did you replace it with? Same flow rate? All hoses are secure properly?
AirStrike :air:

B

bundyman85

umm no it isnt the say pump well i dont think it is cause the pump i took outa the car was a maron one and the one i have in there now is a white coloured one so i dont know about the flow rate, i just went in to repco and asked for a fuel pump. because i didnt know what sorta pump was in it already but all i know it is using a bit more fuel then before.

DAMO_5L

ILLEGAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN turbo 5L V8 aero, Rodeo minitruck, VR SS 355
u might find that the other pump was rooted and it is suppose to be using that much fuel... or it may be leaking some where. and yeah could be the flow rate may be different

V

VL Calais NZ

It shouldnt use anymore fuel due to a new fuel pump.

Thats what a fuel regulator is for, it regulates the flow of fuel at the engine. If your fuel pump had a higher flow rate, it would just bank up harder at the fuel regulator. Not use more fuel.