Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new gear box

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
any gear box should fit if u get the bell houising. but as for the size it could b to big for the room allowd and a custom mount might need to be made

my opinion a 5spd is ample enuf for a vl

M

megee83

6 speed would be nice... you should be able to adapt whatever you want to fit, space will be an issue because its pretty squeezy in there already. so if the box your looking to put in is larger, youll have to modify the tunnel there. i know when my old man had to modify his EH ($45k+ spent, 16yr build time... thats dedication!) to fit an ecotech six an box, it involved cuttin through a chassis strength section, and then as a result needed engineering certification. dont think have the same issue with the VL though... easier an cheaper to jus rebuild the 5spd an whack that back in there, unless you dead keen on the six.
If you mainly doin city drivin though youll end up with one leg bigger then the other from pushin the clutch so bloody much :rofl:

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
i'm pretty sure that the patterns are the same but if not then you can more than likely but an adapter plate....the big issue will be the cross member and as megee83 said, the space.....find out the dimensions of both and compare them....that should at least give you a basic idea of what will have to be done in regards to the room side of it

My Car Pwns

16 Mths Suspended Lisence
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fully Sick Push Bike Uleh!
6 spd VL = Blown Engine
6 spd VL with engine work = 1 hell of a ride!!!