Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new gearbox in but lacking power

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
I put my new auto trans in like 2 weeks ago now. But i seem to have lost heaps of power. It just doesnt seem to have as much pickup as before. Its ok off the take of but crappy when you nail it at like 100. Before if i chucked it back into second at 100 it would scream to 125 in about 2 seconds then into third and keep going. But now if i drop it back into 2 second at 100 it sort seems to take ages to get up to 125.. Any ideas???

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Might be worth checking the kickdown and throttle cables. Just a thought. Since you're dropping it down manually though, I can't see why, but it's a good spot to start.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
the kickdown if incorrectly adjusted can cause power loss even if your manually shifting as it controls the hydrolic pressure

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
oklies. I have ajusted the kickdown but i will give it another shot.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
some people have described the kick down cable as satan. it can be a bit tricky if you dont know what your doin caus even just one click/notch left or right makes a fair difference. i just moved the cable right about 3 cm's, got into the cabin and floored it slowly till it reset (when engine off), that will give a good starting point. then move it left or right one click/notch at a time till happy.

Last edited: