Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New genuine key fob issue...

Markvyssute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
Ok guys let’s see who can crack this one...I bought 2 new genuine key fobs from Holden...programmed them with the security code from the original fob.....both new fobs will start the vehicle so the pcm is getting the 12v signal from the key reader ok....the vehicle starts as stated above so the pcm is getting the correct code from the fob.....now If you know how to pair a new remote so the vats can be disabled remotely try answer this.....when I do the pairing procedure So disable vats with old fob open door,get in and shut door,wait 2 mins,start car with new key and run for 10 seconds,turn off,exit vehicle and remote lock with new fob it should pair and lock the vehicle but for some reason the pcm won’t respond remotely.....my thoughts are the pcm is about to Cark it??

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Not sure on the method there, have you tried to have it programmed with a Tech2?

Waz888v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1 s2
Vys r different don't know why
But key can be copied and coded at any key place that sells key fobs what I have been told with vys is not to put key in the ignition untill coded and can lock and unlock the door first or u have to buy another key fob I know cause I did it

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Same process for VZ. This is for genuine key head.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nek Minut.
This is for a genuine key
DF6156C1-1FE1-4D5B-AEF2-A2D67F84EC5D.jpeg

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Ok guys let’s see who can crack this one...I bought 2 new genuine key fobs from Holden...programmed them with the security code from the original fob.....both new fobs will start the vehicle so the pcm is getting the 12v signal from the key reader ok....the vehicle starts as stated above so the pcm is getting the correct code from the fob.....now If you know how to pair a new remote so the vats can be disabled remotely try answer this.....when I do the pairing procedure So disable vats with old fob open door,get in and shut door,wait 2 mins,start car with new key and run for 10 seconds,turn off,exit vehicle and remote lock with new fob it should pair and lock the vehicle but for some reason the pcm won’t respond remotely.....my thoughts are the pcm is about to Cark it??

New Key Heads [Fobs] need to be Programmed in correctly with a Tech2, and/or any other Key Programming Unit, for ANY new Key Fob to work.