Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Headers Advice

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Some HSV's if I'm correct come with 200 cell cats and don't have fume issues. i'd say it has a lot to do with the tune.

Put a cam in it and all bets are off though. I went from 100 cell to 200 cell to try get rid of the smell, and it did jack ****.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
I've just ordered this via Carmodsaustralia, they having a sale so $400odd saving.

@3rspecB

I've been watching that sale the last few days and now its only $1724! Was $1900 a day or so ago.. very tempted myself.

Will you keep us updated as to how well it marries up to the rear mufflers, if there is any drone and maybe a vid or 2 of what it sounds like?

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
@3rspecB
I've been watching that sale the last few days and now its only $1724! Was $1900 a day or so ago.. very tempted myself.
Will you keep us updated as to how well it marries up to the rear mufflers, if there is any drone and maybe a vid or 2 of what it sounds like?

Yeah, I was watching it too. When I saw $1724 this morning, I bite the bullet. No worries, will do.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Since I've had my update I've notice that it is very exhaust fumey when I pull up, but there's no fuel fumes that I've noticed at all.
Can you give us a breakdown of your full exhaust system? What cell cats etc?

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Yeah, I was watching it too. When I saw $1724 this morning, I bite the bullet. No worries, will do.

Awesome! look forward to hearing it and knowing if it is worth the purchase :D

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hmmmmm. Food for thought. I'm also very keen to hear the results. Will you give the tune a tickle?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Hmmmmm. Food for thought. I'm also very keen to hear the results. Will you give the tune a tickle?

Yep, on the rollers this time ;)
I spoke with xforce head office and they reckon around a week or so for delivery. Plus I'm getting the headers sent off to Race Coatings for ceramic coat, so another week or so. Aiming to have installed by end of June. They guy from xforce was pretty good, I told him I was fitting the exhaust myself and he told me some handy tips. Fingers crossed it's as easy install as the HSV exhaust was. Apart from the drivers side bloody front 02 sensor connector :mad:

Last edited:

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Got my Walky/DPE 1-3/4 headers & 200 cell cats fitted today. Nice improvement on stock though will look at a new mid section soon.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Got my Walky/DPE 1-3/4 headers & 200 cell cats fitted today. Nice improvement on stock though will look at a new mid section soon.
Nice! Thats exactly what im looking at too.
How is the performance improvement? Better bottom end torque? More responsive? Did you get bimodals and noticed it to be fumey due to the 200 cell cats?