Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Headers Advice

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't have the tq graph for the stock tune @ 206rwkw either. Grrrr. Care to hazard a guess at where you think the tq might peak at 253rwkw? I was thinking maybe around 520Nm. But it's a pure guesstimate. My theory is that the final rwkw figure roughly equated to the stock fwkw and that the tq might follow a similar curve...

Just had dinner and am a few bevvies in so i'll leave the number crunching to you o_O

Is there a relativity between increased power and torque ?

Or is the loss of torque through the drivetrain similar to loss of power through the drivetrain ?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just had dinner and am a few bevvies in so i'll leave the number crunching to you o_O

Is there a relativity between increased power and torque ?

Or is the loss of torque through the drivetrain similar to loss of power through the drivetrain ?
Yes, it's a relative mathematical equation. RPM being the other variable factor.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
From power and rpm you can calculate torque: Torque (N.m) = 9.5488 x Power (kW) / Speed (RPM)
or use a calculator:
http://wentec.com/unipower/calculators/power_torque.asp
Yeah I've tried the maths approach and that exact calculator. The trouble is, based on the power and revs, the result I get for tq at 252.6kw is even less than the printed tq result for 229.8kw. I must ask the workshop when I take my Motorsport in.l next. See if they have the other charts I'm missing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the only way calculators get close is if u use USA HP and F/lb readings they are a true multiplier where the KW and NM is just an already multiplied factor from those US numbers, the US HP and F/lb always cross at the 5252 rpm no matter what on a same axis chart (if they dont someone is being sneaky), but all other formats can cross at different times as they are not a true multiplied measurement

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
and its all GM approved and has strict QC from china , aftermarket chinese made is junk , chinese made headers, exhaust are junk, they the chinese even make stroker 308 cranks rods ect , do some research on chinese aftermarket parts , its cheap rubbish not fit to use, even dangerous copy wheels made with cracks breaking ect

there's a big difference between "made IN China" and "made BY China" lol

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Screenshot_20200417-160811_Facebook.jpg

To the OP, just saw these on Facebook if your happy to run no cats.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks dimetime, from what I've heard the pacemakers don't fit nice on a vf, ve there ok.
I'm trying to sterch my budget to get these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-...a=1&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109
then there's install and a tune.
I talked to my local exhaust guy and he said he wouldn't be interested in doing the install at all. He's old and been there done that, won't do it again.
So next stop is my mechanic, see what he says, then off to a tuner, see if they are up for the install and tune at what cost.
I don't think I'll get it done under 2k.
Sad face.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I have redacted the workshop's name. If anyone is genuinely interested PM me.

Stock tune, OTRCAI, GTS mid section, headers, cats and marriage savers. ~206rwkwView attachment 210554
As above hardware and tune ~230rwkwView attachment 210556 View attachment 210557
As above but with 200cpi bullet cats and retune. ~253rwkw. Picked up heaps of useable tq and hp. A big leap over previous tune and the only hardware change was ditching thr HSV cats for the 200cpi metal bullets. It's no drag car, no rocket. But even with stock final drive ratio can get around 5 sec 0-100, despite wheelspin.

View attachment 210555
Later fitted VF2 bimodal mufflers. Had a retune, which netted approx 260rwkw. No dyno sheet for the last tune. Not the same tuner either. Couldn't feel much difference in drivability.
Have you got the 1 3/4 headers or 1 7/8 headers?
I am looking at upgrading to a full exhaust too and i am after more bottom end torque & midrange.
Some say 1 3/4 while others say to go for the 1 7/8 because you wont feel the slight loss of bottom end on the street and it will future proof it for other potential future mods like a cam which im not considering yet due to uncertainty of whether a cam will improve the bottom end.
So...... Go for the 1 3/4 manta (di fillipo) With 200 cell cats & 2.5” cat back inc bimodal?
Or 1 7/8 with exactly the above?
What you think?
Strictly after more bottom end + midrange + more responsiveness.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got the 1 3/4 headers or 1 7/8 headers?
I am looking at upgrading to a full exhaust too and i am after more bottom end torque & midrange.
Some say 1 3/4 while others say to go for the 1 7/8 because you wont feel the slight loss of bottom end on the street and it will future proof it for other potential future mods like a cam which im not considering yet due to uncertainty of whether a cam will improve the bottom end.
So...... Go for the 1 3/4 manta (di fillipo) With 200 cell cats & 2.5” cat back inc bimodal?
Or 1 7/8 with exactly the above?
What you think?
Strictly after more bottom end + midrange + more responsiveness.
I have HSV340 headers. You're on the right track I'd say, with 1 7/8 and 2.5" cat back. Depends on what you plan for future mods. In saying that, if I was tp replace my headers I'd go for Pacemaker PH5387's. Mainly as I like the design amd they are reportedly good for bottom and mid range.