Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headunit no air con

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Installed a Calais headunit into my Omega Series 1.
Radio and CD, reversing sensors, and rear demister work fine.
However, all the front air vents don't work like the front demister and air con.
I have programed the headunit successfully but when I try to read the HVAC 93C66WP EEPROM it shows up with all lines of F and occasionally random lines of proper code.
Wondering if something has shorted out on the HVAC or something wrong with some other component.

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Did you change the single zone hvac to a duel zone one when you changed everything out

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
No I didn't but I did solder the resistors on to mimic it on the single zone.

Still needs to be converted to a dual zone unit. Then the resistors come into play to "falsify" one of the readings.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unsoldered the chip to make sure it was still alright and found out the actual chip had died... Wasn't reading at all. Must have had a voltage surge through it or something.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I was following the guide on carmodder and it said I could use my original hvac, just needed to edit the EEPROM code and solder resistors? When I try to read it though it seems to be locked or scrambled or even broken?

www.carmodder.com • Converting to Automatic Climate Control for the Holden VE Commodore

Seems you must have skimmed over this comment:
"Requires only a HCE Module to be programmed for Dual Zone Operation, as well as four resistors to be fitted to the HCE/HCM main board"

HVAC needs to be a dual zone, no point trying to simulate dual zone if your hvac is single zone! :beer chug:

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bugger, I'll pick up another hvac tonorrow hopefully. Would I still need to solder the resistors onto it? The guide seemed to imply I could use my single zone unit...