Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headunit replacement SOON

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
Looks the goods. Does is connect to existing rear camera? Also what is the Dashcam addon supposed to do?
Connects to factory rear camera. The unit is a plug and play, mylink comes out, this goes in. The dashcam addon is for integration with a forward facing camera. Damn, I should get a commission

hsvluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF V8 Calais
What - possible HUD compatibility?!
Please stop it, I'm at work, it's embarrassing walking around with such an obvious … bulge!!

Please please please report back when you know more!!
Head units get delivered 14th, Kayan says they will test HUD integration around the 20th

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
My biggest disappointment with my 2017 vf is the mylink the hole thing is a bit substandard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
This looks great! If it has HUD integration it will be perfect.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Is this likely to give GPS with the addition of an appropriate aerial to non equiped vehicles?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Thanks to this, also noticed their package of the same for series 2 VE!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is this likely to give GPS with the addition of an appropriate aerial to non equiped vehicles?

Its pretty standard to use a fakra connector for the gps ant and the mylink uses it so i would guess they will ship it with a fakra gps ant like any other system they sell and if you have a factory gps ant you just use that instead of the one they ship with it.
They only cost about 4 bucks on ebay so it wouldnt be hard to get one if they dont ship it with the system.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My biggest disappointment with my 2017 vf is the mylink the hole thing is a bit substandard
Well, from my POV, “sort-of” ... while in concept it’s certainly better than what they had in VE, Holden never fitted the latest equipment of any sort to Commodores and the version of MyLink they had wasn’t even the most recent thing in the GM world in 2012 let alone 2017.

But - GM HO wouldn’t have allowed more than a 12c budget for the VF2 mini-facelift; and I’m happy they spent it on LS3 rather than a new MyLink. :)

I think all I’d want to be happy is to be able to use the car (including HUD) as the output/input for a ‘phone. Wouldn’t matter how old the system in the car got, I’m replacing my phone regularly anyway. :)