Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headunit replacement SOON

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I have a feeling this will be a FHD screen as mentioned in the video as opposed to UHD in the specs.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I have a feeling this will be a FHD screen as mentioned in the video as opposed to UHD in the specs.

You are probably right, it would be a waste to have a uhd screen in 8inch for a infotainment system because all the scaling would need to be very high to make the text readable and icons usable which really defeats the purpose.
1080p @8 inch would look the same as 2160p

Last edited:

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
assuming for internet you still need to hotspot your phone or get a mobile data unit? Or only have internet as a phone mirror. prefer to use android auto but wondering if Dashcam integration may have data somehow when in parking mode.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Re the demonstration:

1. The performance (or lack thereof) of the gridlines weren't obvious. The bend in the gridlines was only very slight, so not a good demonstration from that point of view.
2. Didn't see any navigation demonstrated at all. Likewise, as previous posters have mentioned, we need to know where the maps and updates are coming from.

Jacks5000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Commodore
The unit looks good on the youtube demonstrated and show good integration to the VF
but the spec don't say much ie
50X4 amplifier with DSP (Digital Sound Processor and Equalizer) what type of amp?
RCA Only 2 channel out & 1 sub ( if this correct this is poor ) if you have a wagon or sedan and what to add an amp
What the screen resolution?
I would like to see the user manual at to what it can do

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Didn't see any navigation demonstrated at all. Likewise, as previous posters have mentioned, we need to know where the maps and updates are coming from.

You have a good point there.
Most chinese aftermarket units use igo with cracked app/map packs because you have to pay for the maps.
It makes me wonder if this system is setup with the same thing.

Another important thing that people should keep in mind is the bootup time of the system because i have seen some android systems take 2 or 3 minutes to boot and that can be annoying because some of them wont show the reverse cam in that time.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
You have a good point there.
Most chinese aftermarket units use igo with cracked app/map packs because you have to pay for the maps.
It makes me wonder if this system is setup with the same thing.

Another important thing that people should keep in mind is the bootup time of the system because i have seen some android systems take 2 or 3 minutes to boot and that can be annoying because some of them wont show the reverse cam in that time.

Chinese head unit I have in my old Crewie, takes about 30 sec to load Nav, but radio & rev cam is instant.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I wouldn't really care about the map updates since I'd use carplay maps anyway. I'd trust Google maps before a car sat nav.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Chinese head unit I have in my old Crewie, takes about 30 sec to load Nav, but radio & rev cam is instant.

I didnt mean the time for the apps to load i mean the cold boot time of the entire headunit(os).
The android chinese s160 units for the ve took almost 60 seconds to boot and in that time the entire unit was unusable and reverse cam wouldnt work.
The windows ce units would boot much quicker which would be around 5 seconds but all of the android ones were alot slower.