Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headunit replacement SOON

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
My android unit cold boots in about 50 secs. Near instant if putting in reverse for the reversing cam.
I have to wait a few seconds for the revs to settle down on a cold start anyway.

Mine is a <$300.00 10inch headunit delivered to my door a couple of years ago.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
It will depend on how the camera switching is implemented.
If is software based it will have to wait for the os to boot before it will display the camera.
If it is hardware based(passthrough) then it should be pretty quick like the original mylink.

They can avoid the os needing to boot by simply putting the unit to "sleep" so it is always powered up but that will consume battery and eventually the vf will go into power saving mode.

If they dont make the os sleep it will need to be cold booted every time you park the vehicle for more than about 5 minutes.

Once they start shipping them we will find out how good or bad they really are.

ciggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Will be interesting to see. Seems as thought they are doing testing with Redline/HUD models before the end of this month.

Concerned about how fast the system will be.

Someone also raised the point about front and rear traffic sensors. Any word on if these will translate on the unit?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Concerned about how fast the system will be.

Someone also raised the point about front and rear traffic sensors. Any word on if these will translate on the unit?

They say in the demo video it is compatible with the sensors.
As for speed they dont list the cpu type they just say 8 core which could be a number of different ones some are crap so hands on with cpuz will clear that up.
It has 4gb of ram which is very good and 32gb of storage.

So it will probably be ok.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
supposedly have a 17inch tesla style screen in 18 months for VF
56296924_2280677092208378_5611465610782310400_n.jpg

Last edited:

ciggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
They say in the demo video it is compatible with the sensors.
As for speed they dont list the cpu type they just say 8 core which could be a number of different ones some are crap so hands on with cpuz will clear that up.
It has 4gb of ram which is very good and 32gb of storage.

So it will probably be ok.

Only time will tell I suppose. System specs seem good but it really depends on the implementation and how well it interacts with the VF.

If it's as good as they say it'll be well worth the money. Spotify and Google maps on a customisable Android based OS? I'm in.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
saw this as well seemed like a good idea that may be superceded by the mentioned unit

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
saw this as well seemed like a good idea that may be superceded by the mentioned unit

yeah they are using a hd-link box
hdlink.jpg
these have been around for a while and they add a hdmi input so they can plugin the appletv or android etc.
the one from kayhan is a full replacement which is what we have needed for a long time and it runs on android which is far superior for "tv" if you are into that thing so there is no need for an external box.

I will get one once I get to see the proper cold boot time because in kayhans video they have the vehicle "primed" and what I mean by that is you can see all the lights lit up on the dash so the unit was only asleep because it still had full power(ACC).

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Really looks the goods. ALL of the car's functionality coming across would be necessary for me to consider switching. Reversing, HUD, bi-modal activation etc.

ciggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Really looks the goods. ALL of the car's functionality coming across would be necessary for me to consider switching. Reversing, HUD, bi-modal activation etc.

I think they said in the video the Bi-Modal would be available in the settings.

Reversing camera was shown briefly with the lines but not a live demo so not sure how well it would work.

Last edited: