Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Highway Cop Cars

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Its all publicity...like those 20 odd gold SS's they had a while ago, for a 2 month period or something like that...just to draw attention to a "Road Campaign" or whatever

atuclb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS1SPAK
As mentioned earlier the highway patrols need the extra power, so that when a car travelling in the oppostie direction towards them are clocked at about 120km/h, say up to 160km/h they need the power to catch up. Ie by the time they slow down, turn around and then plant it to catch up immagine how far away the other car already is, and then it continues at 160... Thats were they need the power.

That is why it if generally only the highway cars that are the high performance models and general patrols have the base models

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
greenfoam has a very good point,

they are highperformance cars, not only in engine capactiy, but in braking/suspension/safety features

i think its also for intimidation, would you really try to escape in your little v6 if it were a typhoon?? well maybe if it were a Vl turbo running 20psi but thats a diffrent story (lol my idiot friend)

i agree divivans are slow... i passed one doing inexcess of 180km/h one night (call be a idiot but it was along time ago and i learnt my lesson)

by the time he turned round i was far gone... so yes, they do need these cars because its not dbout going 220km/h, its about getting to that speed quickly.... and with all the crap they fit to those cars (gps and adition crap like lights, radios) they significantly heavier than a stocky

D

DJ'S LUVCHILD

coppers in typhoons? huh!

Im in the security industry and when we have a burg in progress the first thing is to call the 'jacks'. Now i cant underrstand why they need such power cause when they receive a call it usually takes them anywhere between 25 to 50 minutes to get to the scene.

so in my eyes the power is unjustified!

just give 'em a couple of rice burners, they do the same thing in the end, just not as luxurious!

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
they do have rice burners trust me on thsi one :(

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
they do have rice burners trust me on thsi one :(

yea up in bundy couple of years back i saw a few WRX's and there could of been an STI but not 100%

i recon give them all mini cooper 's' those things fly easily do 240km/h and handle like a go kart :thumbsup:

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok ok i cant keep my mouth sut about it any longer

for the melb ppl i was cruzin along maroondah hwy about a month ago now when suddenly i looked in the rear veiw cause i head a siren just the quick *pull over you stooge* siren anyway didnt see anything to worry about so payd no notice thenheard it again and saw from this car undercover lights (now for those who know me ill spot an undercover quicker than wally could spot himself in a wheres wally book) so this is highly unusual i missed it

so have a guess what pulled me up R33 WHITE SKYLINE with DRIFT decals all over it

thats not the most sneaky ive seen either i got a good list of real sneaky ones

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
so have a guess what pulled me up R33 WHITE SKYLINE with DRIFT decals all over it

thats not the most sneaky ive seen either i got a good list of real sneaky ones

holy crappa, what are some of the sneaky ones you've seen, im pretty sad i've only ever picked the usualls

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok on chapel there is still an orig vlbt1 canary yellow you sometimes see in the local police car yard that has orig 20 thou on the clock so hasnt done its time to be take off duty yet

around resi and thomo down in as far as doncaster there is a harliquin painted vs

on the prinny hwy never do anything near a yellow s14

seen the odd wrxy

a forrester (sticks to citylink mainly)

theres still 1 or 2 vt's

ive head of but never seen a blue 7 series bema but like i said unconfirmed

they use some pretty sneaky **** around here

at noble maccas 1 night there was a new ford wagon (going back to last summer) they had an older cop in drivers male a older female cop in passengers and 2 younger lookign ones in the rear just like a family but lo and behold cop lights and as soon as one guy left a patch leaving noble they were out of the drive thru waiting bays and off up the hwy after him outr jaws just dropped