Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new holden Cruze

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I like the overall package of the Cruze, but wish that mainstream manufacturers like GM could be a bit more adventurous with the styling. The Cruze lacks any styling features that are truly distinctive and in such a competitive market segment, looking something like a Camry doesn't help its image. It will just meld into the crowd.

I'd love to see a wagon version - small wagons have a lot going for them and there are not that many available these days, especially in the lower market segments.

It's obviously better engineered than the other Dae-wot's and wil rely on solid safety, high levels of equipment and a competitive price, but it's "Ho-hum" styling could have been made a lot sharper with a more creative front end. It also needs more dynamic wheel designs, but then, I suppose it's targeted at the under 40's, young families, not the young car-nuts.

I'm an old fart who loves cars, especially Holdens. I'l still be keen to look it over this week at my local dealer and perhaps, in about three years, might even consider replacing the VY with one. FWD doesn't worry me a bit - I've had about half a dozen of them before.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
i have to say, that front end looks very mean and sexy, i reckon the lights look sweet.

not that i would buy it, but for a small car it's pritty good

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Just my option from what I've seen cosmetically;

• Front look nice, not too out there but different from the rest
  • Back looks a bit too much like any old hyandai/toyota/nissan etc
  • Interior looks very modern, but not very refined. Looks a bit small too. Looks a bit 'cheap'
  • Armrest doesn't look like it goes forward far enough
  • Power windows on the side instead of centre console also puts me off a little.
  • Judging from the colour on the webpage, red or black look the best

Looking at the car its nothing new. Its in the came category as every other medium car models. The Honda Civic will probably still beat it in styling and comfort.

Plus I've never been a fan of small cars, I like to have the biggest car I can get (thats whey I drive Carpice). Only small cars I likes are built for sport or convertibles, BMW, Porsche, Merc SLK, Nissan Z, WRX etc

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I reckon it's awesome! It's a small/medium car with a small engine that will be economical. It's a modern styled exterior which I must admit doesn't tickle my fancy in the slightest. Looking like a Camry, an FG Falcon and a VE all at the same time with that massive front bar really doesn't turn me on. The interior reminds me of a Mazda 3, but it's not too bad, it's modern and different. For a competitive price, I reckon the Cruze is really good, I'll reserve my overall judgement until I test drive one, but I would definately buy one for a daily.

Nothing can beat the old commos though. 1995-2006 hails as the prime years in the stylish classic Commodore look!

holdencrzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exeutive
yeh it doesn't look too bad wouldn't mind one

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
in my opinin. the car looks very nice, When you flash your eyes past it.....(like in te ad, they only focus on the front for like 0.2 seconds lol) but if you stop and llook at it i think it becomes quite ugly,.....from some angles it looks good (with quick looks, then keep doing wat your doing)...but i think most the time it's a little ugly.....

holden-cruze12.jpg

also i thought this was the Holden Cruze?....

HOLDEN_Cruze-2002_main.jpg

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
looks like a toyota echo.... (not really but you can see an echo's arse in there....

MUT4NT

RatRod Gem Wagon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH international// Gemini Wagon
i'm trying to get my mum to buy one but she won't :( cause shes buying her 3rd house haha

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
The back looks horrid. At a glance they look like some bastard child of Honda and Toyota.

I sat inside one when I was down at Holden yesterday, and I gotta say the interior just isn't as refined as it looks in the pictures :p