Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new holden Cruze

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
A family member drives one since his company just brought them for his work, And he said he'd never touch one....

Something about them feeling really really crap on the road, They eat the hell out of petrol, They have absalutely no power, And he says they rattle like ****, everything makes noises....

Real pitty as the interior is absluately STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! The interior alone I want!!!

Thommo10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Wagon
Garbage !

I have a new Holden Cruze 2.0 Diesel, it handles very very well, has very little noise (except the Diesel hum at the traffic lights :)). Nothing Rattles at all (Rides the bumps well, considering it does not have the Watts Z-Linkage)... and I am averaging 6.1-6.5 L/ 100kms in fuel consumption (checked against litres used and distance travelled, rather than just the Trip Computer reading). Getting around 950 Kms out of the 60 litre Tank, maybe a bit more.

Once you get the hang of the turbo, it accelerates like a V8, quicker than my VZ (Is a wagon though).

I do however agree the 1.8 Litre petrol engine is a bit of a dud.......

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
underneath its stil a daewoo with a holden badge. Its amazing what some badge swapping will do, daewoo couldnt survive in Oz so holden snaped it up, put a holden badge on them and they sell well, amzaing.

A teacher i worked with bought a captiva. I suggested she look at the diesel Santa Fe hyundai, her reply "nah, my boyfriend wouldnt let me buy a korean car" LOL

EDIT: to holdens credit the cars seem to be alot better quality though, and i do agree it looks pretty good. Would still prefer a Mondeo

Thommo10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Wagon
So when they make them out of the Elizabeth Plant in Adelaide next year, will they still be Korean Daewoo's ???

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'd say so - they'll still be based off the same design, using the same parts, it'll basically be the same as when they were building Vectras at Elizabeth - the exact same car, just built in Australia rather than overseas.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
still a daewoo, just not a korean built one :smoking:

I actually dont mind the Cruze, wouldnt buy one but its a nice looking car.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Looks like a cross between a Honda Civic and a VE .... sounds like the guy at holden who can't design A pillars to save his or her life has struck again.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i had a customer bring one it to work while they went interstate (i work for a airport valet parking service) and i was surprised by how nice the interior was and for a korean car its actually quite nice

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
My missus has the top of the line CDX cruze 1.8 petrol (manual) leather heated seats an all that jazz with little change from 30 grand besides the price the only thing i can fault so far is the fact that it should have an alloytec in it the 1.8 ecotec is gutless as have had the car for just under a year now no rattles or squeaks but great looking car an great fun to drive above 3500rpm:thumbsup:

Last edited:

VSH00n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive commodore
I think its a nice car,
give it some rims and drop it on its ass and it'll look sick
just my opinion