Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new holden Cruze

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Looks like a good little car, I think it'll do pretty well...but i'm still disappointed that its not rear wheel drive.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Looks like a good little car, I think it'll do pretty well...but i'm still disappointed that its not rear wheel drive.

I doubt that you'll see any small cars with RWD from Holden anymore.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
They've tested it in Wheels I think, maybe Motor. Can't remember now. Wasn't overly impressed by the review, I think they summed it up with it being a good car, not a great car. Not overly impressed by the car itself either from what i've seen in person so far. I just don't think its as good as its competition, and its selling in a segment that is dominated by hatchbacks and it won't have a hatchback variation until 2010. Guess i'll wait until I can drive it though, but for a car that cost 5.5 billion to make I don't think it will the saviour its made out to be.

Last edited:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I wasn't exactly expecting it to be RWD anyway...which is a shame, were it RWD, and if it had a big enough engine bay you could rip out the crappy 1.8L thing and put in an Alloytec, much the same as how people used to put 202s into Starfire powered Toranas and VB - VH Commos.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
yeah it looks alright, front wheel drive puts me off, probably wouldnt buy one

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Me and the mrs like the look how will holden compet with it self with the astra and vectra or are they replacing them with this

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Me and the mrs like the look how will holden compet with it self with the astra and vectra or are they replacing them with this

Vectra hasn't been around for quite a while now. That was replaced with the Epica. Astra has now gone also, once this lot are sold.

So the model line up for the moment is:
Barina
Cruze
Epica
Commodore etc.

Not sure if the Astra will be coming back, which is a pity as its a big seller and a great car and we will miss out on the new one. Would have been an excellent line up with the Opel small cars instead of the Korean imports. Opel Corsa, Astra, Insignia (wouldn't mind the GT either :p).