Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Hot Red Redline on the way!!

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
WOOT!!!

Auto with all the black out options including stripes! Full paint and interior protection and max allowable tinting as well.

Finance approved for salary sacrificing. Once had an XE S Pac which from memory had a 4.1engine and an VB Commodore with a 3.3?

So my first V8...

I have read most threads here but any advice would be appreciated, tips etc on looking after the beast.

Should have it before Easter so pretty excited :)

Cheers...

Paul.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Since you asked, first piece of advice - remove the stripes.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
No, the red car is the one that actually looks like its meant to have stripes. Red with the black out and strips is spiff!! Did you go with the big spoiler???

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
No, the red car is the one that actually looks like its meant to have stripes. Red with the black out and strips is spiff!! Did you go with the big spoiler???

Yes, big spoiler or bust :)

NetWalker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Auto
Got the call today from the dealer...Beast has arrived. If all goes well with the tinting, extras added and W310 install, hope to have her by the w/e...GOOD Times ahead :beer chug:

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got my redline delivered just over a week ago, red with the w310 pack, blackout and full size spare, didn't get the stripes , got the walkinshaw sill plates and mats. Just waiting on the black chrome badges front and back. With every thing else black the chrome holden badge is out of place. Now I just have to put some km's on it so I can give it a decent squirt. The w310 sounds great, but I bet it sounds better once you put a few revs into it. Enjoy the new beast, they are the best holden have ever made.

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
Nice mate!

You'll love it - they really are such a good car.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I got my redline delivered just over a week ago, red with the w310 pack, blackout and full size spare, didn't get the stripes , got the walkinshaw sill plates and mats. Just waiting on the black chrome badges front and back. With every thing else black the chrome holden badge is out of place. Now I just have to put some km's on it so I can give it a decent squirt. The w310 sounds great, but I bet it sounds better once you put a few revs into it. Enjoy the new beast, they are the best holden have ever made.

Bah, drive it from day one how you intend to drive it for the rest of it's life.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Bah, drive it from day one how you intend to drive it for the rest of it's life.

If I just signed up for a $60,000 car ($110,000NZD) that is never going to be made anymore / again, I'd follow the owner's manual on run-in procedure and servicing... basically not thrash it sub 10,000k.
I'd listen to some sagacious advice from guys on here with the empirical evidence having also maintained the same car, who know the car's limits and foibles because they do say 1000k a week, get around 30% more performance etc., than W310 and clocked up 150,000k+ with exact same engine and drivetrain.