Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New HSV

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Not going to get much change from $90k brand new on the road...

Plenty of much nicer, better quality Euros around in the price bracket of the GTS.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Not going to get much change from $90k brand new on the road...

Plenty of much nicer, better quality Euros around in the price bracket of the GTS.

I read an ad today from HSV, $77,990 inc. on road costs drive away. R8's were $64,990 drive away.

Although I assume thats the manual price, so maybe add another 2k for auto.

You won't get more than 2L euro for 80k.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just buy an ex demo LS3 GTS, i was test driving one yesterday, 66k drive away with 1080k's on it.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Just buy an ex demo LS3 GTS, i was test driving one yesterday, 66k drive away with 1080k's on it.

Yeah - that sort of thing these days makes me cry :cry:

lol

Such is the nature of owning cars.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
demo models always make me think of being flogged by some magazine test driver. The massive depreciation is a huge deal but i'm not the one paying and some people won't listen to these sorts of things

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
demo models always make me think of being flogged by some magazine test driver. The massive depreciation is a huge deal but i'm not the one paying and some people won't listen to these sorts of things

Err there is a warranty for a reason? If you know your dealer then there is no issue. Dealer down here a salesman will always be with you in a new HSV test drive, the people I know there certainly do not allow customers to flog the hell out of the car, but hey, losing 13+k for the sake of losing it is great fun. :yeah:

FusionX

Reaction score
Dealer down here a salesman will always be with you in a new HSV test drive, the people I know there certainly do not allow customers to flog the hell out of the car,

But they certainly like to flog the **** out of it themselves. Remember earlier this year a HSV dealer (I won't name him) rocked up to Barbagallo for a sprint day in a new LS3 R8, one of the first in W.A. Certainly found out what it could do that day.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
You sound like you've only had good experience from demos minux. I've never had to deal with the factory warranty system as my Calais is the newest car I've owned and it was about 2 months out of factory warranty when I got it. I've been looking and $13K is a very realistic saving. Is the LS3 the 6.2L? Has any one had dealings from Zupps HSV in Brisbane or recommend a HSV dealer between Brisbane and Bundy? If the money is gonna be spent I want it done right. Cheers all

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You sound like you've only had good experience from demos minux. I've never had to deal with the factory warranty system as my Calais is the newest car I've owned and it was about 2 months out of factory warranty when I got it. I've been looking and $13K is a very realistic saving. Is the LS3 the 6.2L? Has any one had dealings from Zupps HSV in Brisbane or recommend a HSV dealer between Brisbane and Bundy? If the money is gonna be spent I want it done right. Cheers all

One of our VT's was a demo, was perfect. My old man only ever buys demo's. He has owned both BA and BF GT not one of them have had a single problem. Best of all, you lose no where near as much driving off the showroom floor.

If you only keep cars for warranty period to warranty period, then buying an ex demo will never be an issue, as any issue that arises is covered under warranty.

LS3 = 6.2 :)

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
see minux i knew you could be helpful.:coolpimp: