Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New in-tank fuel systems for the Commodore VE and VE Series II

Andy@SquashPerformance

Squash Performance
Reaction score
Website
www.squashperformance.com
Members Ride
2009 G8 GT
Hi Everybody,

Squash Performance has just become a sponsor over here on Just Commodores. We've several products that were developed on the G8 in the US (a moment of silence please) that we would like to introduce to the Aussie market. We specialize in high output fuel systems - the kind that fit right into your fuel tank and work like OEM, only flow a bunch more! The VE unit, based on the G8, has been out for quite a while in the US and we've recently made a bit of an update to its design.

The VE-II unit is in prototype right now getting machined and tweaked. The first test units are going out in a couple weeks. If anyone here has been looking into a fuel system upgrade I would be willing to work with you on the demo for the VE-II pumper.

We've got a sponsor forum on JC here so feel free to post over there or shoot me an email if you have any questions or suggestions!

Here's a few pix of our stuff. Sorry for the high res pix, watch out if you're on a can-string-can network...

The VE in-tank unit reuses the stock bucket and hanger rods/springs but the rest is made in-house at SPHQ. This particular one has two Walbro 255's but the Aeromotive 340 is a common choice:

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

Here's a quick render of our upcoming VE-2/Camaro. This is designed to use the new Walbro 400LPH pumps - awesome design, unbelievable in the heat, etc. Coincidentally this unit bolts right into the older VE tank just fine. The crossover line needs an adapter (easy/cheap) but workable if you needed something like this.

2010-Camaro-4.jpg

Thanks for your attention!

Andy

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
Looks good.Crossover pipe looks the same as the Camaro. Easy adaption. Don't forget people that you will also have to set up an external filter as they are part of the pump assembly on a VE.

Andy@SquashPerformance

Squash Performance
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2009 G8 GT
Hi Spanks,

You're correct about that. We have been selling a nifty setup that uses a combination filter/regulator that is a GM part, also quite inexpensive (I've been told not to say "cheap"). It doesn't give as constant pressure as a regulator mounted at the engine, but it works well. We've got a couple making around 550rwhp with it.

If that's not enough we offer a return style system with new fuel rails and the whole shebang.

Andy

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
Hi Spanks,

You're correct about that. We have been selling a nifty setup that uses a combination filter/regulator that is a GM part, also quite inexpensive (I've been told not to say "cheap"). It doesn't give as constant pressure as a regulator mounted at the engine, but it works well. We've got a couple making around 550rwhp with it.

Andy

Cool....i am running an Aeromotive filter in the cavity where the pollen filter gets fitted. Constant air flow allows cooling. And a external reg for boost referencing.

Andy@SquashPerformance

Squash Performance
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2009 G8 GT
I haven't heard of that setup - but sounds good! Keeping fuel from circulating through the rails keeps the heat down quite a bit - the cars with Magnachargers on them cook the fuel something crazy because there is nothing insulating the rails from the manifold/blower. Once it heat soaks you cannot even touch the fuel. Once the fuel starts approaching 120F pumps start cavitating.

I should add that those 400LPH pumps are better than anything I've seen at pumping hot fuel. I've done some bench testing here and should have some results to post soon, but it just owns everything else.

Andy

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
How much power are you expecting these pumps to support? And will you be making anything for the VT-VZ range of Commodores/Pontiac GTO's.

Andy@SquashPerformance

Squash Performance
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2009 G8 GT
Hi Kernal,

If you're boosted then two of the 400lph units will easily support 1000 rear wheel HP. The GTO unit is on our list to produce in the next couple months. I don't know exactly what we can squeeze into the tank yet, but if there's a lot of interest for it I'll move it up the priority list.

Andy

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
will this fit the utes fuel tank aswel? does anyone know if the utes fuel tanks are the same as the sedans?