Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New injectors

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
If you have a massive powerful motor and your put better injectors on it you will notice this fine tuning but i have been told again and again there is no such thing as cheap power.

I don't know sorry how long they are supposed to last but i just replaced them because i thought they weren't working because i didn't find the computer diagnostics for a while.

They cost be $260 from Repco and i had to hand in my old ones

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
If you have a massive powerful motor and your put better injectors on it you will notice this fine tuning but i have been told again and again there is no such thing as cheap power.

I don't know sorry how long they are supposed to last but i just replaced them because i thought they weren't working because i didn't find the computer diagnostics for a while.

They cost be $260 from Repco and i had to hand in my old ones

I called around a few places during the week for a price on servicing my injectors. The going rate is about $30 per injector. That includes before and after flow testing, new filter basket, pintle cap and o-ring.

I had the injectors serviced in our 91 Laser a few years ago because it had no go in it at all. Cost me $80 all up but that's because someone knew someone... Servicing the injectors turned that car into a rocket.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Well if that's what you want to do then don't let my opinion stop you.
I can't really test to find the difference as i am on my Loser plates still. lol So i can't thrash it to find out but it's replaced now and i know when something else go's wrong it's not them which is less painful for me.

You can give it a go but just get restored ones and replace them don't worry about trying to find bigger better ones i don't think they will make a difference.

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
I got quoted some ridiculous amount for getting my injectors serviced. I was told $245 and thats after me having to remove them myself!! Was cheaper to get reconditioned injectors off ebay and they looked and perform like brand new.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Good on you have you put the new ones in yet?

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
That's good to hear. Now lets get this suspension sorted out hey mate.