Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New injectors

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
hey guys i just went up to repco and got some brand new injectors for my Vn V6 and i can get the car to run once4 i have installed them.

Looking at the engine everything looks satisfactory but when i start it it runs for about 3 seconds then stalls.

I'm not to sure that i have installed them right .

Anyone is open to tell me what they think it could be and i can try them one by one.

Any help is appreciated.

cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
leaks around the orings where they go in themanifold or wrong size/flowrate injectors plugs wet at all

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah i think that is maybe it. They are new orings of course so they should seal. I fear i may have pushed the injectors into to rails to far on a couple i will play with that.

Also i didn't take enough notice when removing them do that clips have to go a certain way?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what was it leaking round the o-rings

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah but i just held up the fuel rail and pulled the injectors down a bit and when i let go and it's under tension again it seals properly.

The others were had it and dirty but i suppose that was sealing the outer edge of them lol.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
You notice much of an improvement with the new injectors?

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
To be honest i didn't really notice yet because my motor is still running a bit sick but that's not to say it's not there.

I wouldn't go giving advice like get new injectors and you'll have and extra 100kw but i'm sure they doing something better. At least in my mind i know they won't be a problem in the future for men.

If your's a bung them change them otherwise i wouldn't bother to much

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Out of curiosity, how long should injectors last? I've noticed they selled recon ones one ebay for 120 bucks.. Is there an uprgrade available for V6 injectors?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Out of curiosity, how long should injectors last? I've noticed they selled recon ones one ebay for 120 bucks.. Is there an uprgrade available for V6 injectors?

There's no need to upgrade injectors. Not unless you're running some serious modifications. Stock injectors can handle more than what the fuel pump can push through them.