Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new inlet manifold gasket and fuel filter, but now code 45!!!!

Fully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
Hey all,

just got my car back 2day and now it is giving my fault code 45!

i will be taking it back to the mechanic, just was wanting a couple of ideas of what it could be.

so he replace my inlet manifold gasket and fuel filter. what would he of done to make me got code 45 (oxy sensor running rich)

i havent had any error codes for a little while now and my oxygen sensor was replaced in jan this year.

cheers!

Jezza

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
If your inlet manifold gasket was leaking then it can stuff your o2 sensor.So will a leaking exhaust manifold...

Get another o2 sensor installed you can do it yourself... just go to holden and get one from them its $100 or el cheapo ngk $85

Also if you have just had inlet manifold gasket replaced maybe mechanic stuffed up and didnt tighten bolts up enough. or something.Make sure he put the Fuel pressure regulator and throttle body hoses all back on,have a look at back of throttle body can you see any loose hoses ??

with the error your getting is the engine light coming on ???

as its not always the o2 sensor ... can be alternator or electric regulator...

is your fuel consumption **** ??

Fully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6
hey aussieghostrider,

yeah the engine warning light is still coming on and when i get the codes its 45. and since i have had it it has been running ok, the ltr/km is going up and down a fair bit as in from 10.2 to 15.2 which is extreme.

b4 hand it was running through alot of fuel as i was using about 340km to about 48ltrs, but wasnt giving me any warning lights.

its going back on saturday, so hopefully he fixes it.

cheers!

Jezza