Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Intercooler

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Damn, thats a fair enogine setup there. Hope your good mates with your tyre retailer, looks expensive

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
Yes it is expensive on tyres, i'm learning though and it still has no rollers and still standard cam so when i do drive it i don't tend to drop it all the time allthough but i do have plans to do the top end so i'll be looking for cheapish tyres a sponser maybe (hahahah) i'll grow out of it sooner or later i suppose. Once i've damaged something being stooopid.

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
Anyone got any idea's on ECU's ??? I'm hard up finding any information on 355 strokers and aftermarket ECU's....

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
VN Calais 5.0 said:
Can i ask why you wouldnt just use the factory delco ECU and get it remapped with Kalmaker?

Allready had it re-mapped for a 7 psi set-up and now i would like to be able to extract more from what i have and be able to do that again in 6 months when i do the top end of the motor.

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
SUSPECT said:
fark me this beast would boot :D

It boots allright but lacks top end and i can only rev it up to about 4500rpm max with standard top end and it really needs more but i want to get a handle on what it is before i do more engine work. I've only owned it for 4 to 5 months and only 2 of those on the road before i upgraded the supercharger to the 9psi gilmor drive powerflow supercharger now i've installed the intercooler and now its the ecu's turn. Motec is front runner so far but i still have to justify spending that much money on a ecu.

I can eat a 300kw clubsport with 7psi and just a re-map now it has 9psi , intercooler (phat as) and a new ecu (soon) so it should be a bit nastier when completed.
Once that is done i will upgrade the rim's still has GTS rims with a nasty rash on them (previous owner).

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
auto or manual?
Where are you from?

Delco computer with 2 bar map sensor should be more than capable of running this thing nice and proper, and will do just about everything an aftermarket ECU would do, and some things it wouldn't.

plus you don't have to play with wiring, spend big bucks on an aftermarket ECU.

MrFeelgood

Blown 5.7 inch oops Ltr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR GTS
6 Speed manual
N.T
So what can the Delco do that a Motec can't ?
This car is new to me, it used to have a 7 psi V'groove belt powerflow (series 1) Supercharger when i purchased it and the Holden ecu had been rewritten to suit the the Injectors, fuel Pump, 7psi charger and it did that great. The supercharger has been upgraded to a 9 psi powerflow (series 2) Gilmor Drive (slotted) and a very large intercooler installed and now the car freaks out when under full throttle (stutters starves for fuel) could running a little lean. Now the motor still has a standard top end and peaks far to quickly 4500rpm so fast that its almost impossible to take off in first flat out as it valve bounces in less than a second, and about the same in 2nd gear. I will be upgrading the top end in about 6 months and dont really want to be sending the chip off to be reprogrammed each time i upgraded something so the fact i can learn with an aftermarket ecu and not to mention the possibility of being able to do it myself makes it hard not to want to spend the money on a ecu.