Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New (ish) member Saying G'day and a lot more.

Yande

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Evening all! I've been registered here for some years, though back then it was more of a hit and run affair.
I've owned my VX Acclaim wagon (my 3rd Commodore) for around 4 years. I blew a head gasket and had the head shaved a year or so ago. Had 130k on it when I bought it, and now has 260k.

I love cars, but due to life's ups and down, recently I came to the conclusion that it may be some time before I actually own a really nice car, aka expensive, so I might as well look after the one I have now and have some fun and hopefully learn some more. Irony is, most of my watches (mechanicals) are worth more than my VX.

So, I'm starting with the simple stuff, detailed the Engine bay and Body, polished the lights, added new rims (17"x 245 x 45), replaced the back shockies and have begun flushing and changing all fluids. Oil, Coolant, Transmission, Brake and Diff, as I know the latter 3 have not been touched for a long time. New style wiper blades are on the way, plus some Slim Genuine Holden Weathershields.

As far as the rest.. I drive my car for work, typically doing 500 k's every Sunday, carrying a load, so need to keep it functional, especially taking into account NSW Coastal Roads South of Sydney! So I will be asking for some thoughts on suspension. Really want to tidy up the little dents and paintwork.
OK, sorry for the long intro...
Some pics....