Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New kid on the block

Akasha_ann

Reaction score
Members Ride
second serious Holden Calais
hey everyone

i was just wondering if someone can give me some information about my car i just about three weeks ago
its a 11 series Holden Calais. I've try to look it up on Google or wiki but all i get is either nothing to car sales guide.
if someone can show the the original rims that came with the car when it first came out would be muchly appreciated

thank you

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
You're going to have to give some more information than that...... like year model? They've been making calais' for over 20 years. Just google images the car year model and put 'commodore calais' at the end.

E.g. "1991 commodore calais" or "1995 commodore calais" in google images, there'll be heaps.

You'll be able to pick the original rims because they'll be the worst looking ones out of all the images.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
You're going to have to give some more information than that...... like year model? They've been making calais' for over 20 years. Just google images the car year model and put 'commodore calais' at the end.

E.g. "1991 commodore calais" or "1995 commodore calais" in google images, there'll be heaps.

You'll be able to pick the original rims because they'll be the worst looking ones out of all the images.

What's a Commodore Calais?

I'd say he means MY11 Calais.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
It's a car. And those are the key words to search google. Don't use the word commodore and you get all sorts of weird american ****. See here: Let me google that for you

Says twice that it's a series II, so I'm thinking that refers to the series run, not the year model. But who knows. Hope your car came with wheels, enjoy it.

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
I'm thinking he/she means a series 2 VY calais, due to it being posted in the VY section, but i can still be wrong I'm sure ;)

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Either way its not worded very well.

Check your rego sticker for what year the car was made.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Probably! Here we go!
VYIICalaisSupercharged003.jpg